Food rituals of your childhood

Ground beef in a bowl smothered with A-1 steak sauce.

Star Trek TOS reruns with a big glass of Pepsi.

My Grandma's homemade bread cooked in her wood stove..Topped with white butter from the dairy farm that was near my Grandma's house..Served along with the main course..

Then blueberry grunt while watching Hockey Night In Canada..

Mom puts some shitty bland meat and warmed up frozen vegetables on the table. Drown it in ketchup in mustard to cover the taste of her inept cooking. Look forward to pizza night.

Strawberry pop tarts, cut in half, with butter and Saturday morning cartoons.

Cinnamon and sugar toast

City chicken

Vegetables from a can. Never frozen veggies or fresh.

Never deli meat, we always had those blister packs of bologna, and miracle whip.

I can't remember my mom being a very good cook, lol

Tang

Pasta every Monday and Wednesday.
Early dinner on Sunday ,either a lasagna or a roast.

Saturday morning cartoons (Mbeep Mbeep) and a bowl of cheerios w/ milk. Sunday breakfast in the winter was epic. Especially if there was snow shovelling to be done. Oatmeal + bacon strips, + syrup and butter. We ate the same before fishing trips out on the pond any time of year, as we would probably be out most of the day.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Taco night...I remember wanting and getting the job of shredding all the cheese, I don't think they had shredded cheese back then :embarrassed:

Croutons and Ranch dressing whilst watching Spiderman or G-Force (I think it was G force...it was some kind of japanese Animation cartoon around 1979)

Making chocolate chip cookies with mom and licking the blender attachments clean of cookie dough.

Dumping suagr on already oversugared cereal (fruit loops, Trix, fruity pebbles, Sugar Smacks, Honeycombs, etc)

Back