Food, Inc.

But anyways, you'd get in these cars and they'd send you through this big microscope looking thing and as you travelled, snowflakes got bigger and bigger until you realized just how small you were. Then you rounded a corner and you saw a giant eye staring at you from a microscope. Then you shrunk to the size of a netron.

Then they re-grew you back to normal size.

It was good make-out ride when I was a teenager.

The one thing that Food Inc got me thinking about was this discussion outside of the context of my family and myself.

My wife and I had already moved pretty far past eating fast food and processed food products, getting all of our meat from local butchers who source from local farmers and eating as much locally grown fruits and vegs as possible. But that's the easy part; we have the good fortune to have the disposable income and desire to make these changes.

When you look at the economics of food an the role of food in our society, people with out the luxury of time and/or money are on the losing end. Changing how we view food and its role in our existance as a whole is were we need to focus efforts...making fast food, supercheap feedlot style meat, prepacked/prepared items produced like chemical compounds rather than just whole food ingredients, trucking food you could grow & produce locally from all over the world, etc the exception rather than the norm for all people who would like to make that choice is the challenge.

Back