Fly rig competition

I'm not surprised that you didn't like it (forget the defect).
When this thread came up, I was really interested in it only for recording purposes. It checks the right boxes...small, versatile, compact etc.
But after watching only one YouTube video I knew right away that it wasn't for me. Just the overall tone of it didn't sound warm enough to me.

yeah... the tech 21 stuff has it beat... but then again @telecaster911 is one of the best live guitarists i've ever seen so maybe he will be able to make it sing

OK... so I got the pedal today and within 3 minutes, it was back in the box and I requested a refund. The item is defective... the delay doesn't work. Even with the delay controls maxed, there is no delay at all.

As for the tones I heard and how it compares to the RK5... I don't think it holds a candle. While the efx loop and tuner are a good addition, the RK5 has a warmer tone and the reverb in the sans amp is a nice touch. The OD channel is better than the distortion channel on this unit. Stacking the gain helped with distortion, but I found the tone shaping far less existent than the RK5.

I was hoping for a more modern tone to the RK5, but the Dapper is voiced pretty dark.

It's a shame though. I wanted to love this thing.

None of this surprises me. The Tech 21 has amp emulation where the Dapper does not. An amp-in-a-box is usually smoother and offers nore tibe shaping that the every OD/dist pedal.

The dapper seems more like something to put in front of a good amp *if* the FX are actually worthwhile. Orhers here seem to have more faith in affordable mini FX than I do.

There was some odd thing that I did where the delay wouldn't work. It was something I was doing and not the pedal. I ran the distortion v 11oclock bass 2 o'clock treble 1 o'clock and gain 12 o'clock. Turn on the cab sim. Run it into an amp.

Running straight into an interface, I couldn't get the treble high enough. Into an amp it's more than plenty bright.

I just got home but I'll try to post a quick video at some point tonight.

There's something goofy that happens with the delay on startup. if it happens, just pull the power out of the board then plug back in and all is good. I had mine plugged in. Then I plugged in. Then used the tuner. Then the delay acted up. At least I think that was the sequence since I wasn't really looking for a problem. But just unplug power and reapply and all is good.

There's something goofy that happens with the delay on startup. if it happens, just pull the power out of the board then plug back in and all is good. I had mine plugged in. Then I plugged in. Then used the tuner. Then the delay acted up. At least I think that was the sequence since I wasn't really looking for a problem. But just unplug power and reapply and all is good.

Whoa. That's weird though.

Ok. Here's a super terrible video. I fell down the steps going to make a clip and my left hand is swelling. :( it sounds good in person through the Holland. The amp I tried last night doesn't have much headroom so maybe that was imparting its own coloration. The pedals stacked much better with the Holland vs the ADA. Ok, enough jabbering and on with the suckage.

Edit: I thought I could upload it here. Guess it's hitting YouTube or somewhere.

I am sorry to hear about your fall. That really sucks. How do you like the pedal so far? Maybe I can try to spend a little more time with it.

Sorry to hear this.

Brett's demo almost pushed it to a buy, but then I heard the Tech21 Flyrig Brit and fell in love.
So much chime in such a little box.

Ok. Here's a super terrible video. I fell down the steps going to make a clip and my left hand is swelling. :( it sounds good in person through the Holland. The amp I tried last night doesn't have much headroom so maybe that was imparting its own coloration. The pedals stacked much better with the Holland vs the ADA. Ok, enough jabbering and on with the suckage.

Edit: I thought I could upload it here. Guess it's hitting YouTube or somewhere.
I hope your hand is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the delay thing is a non issue. Just re power it up. Myz, I think you should mess with it a little more. Like I said earlier, there's some bad sounds in there unless you tweak a bit. Try the OD with the tone and gain at 12 o'clock or maybe a little less. I'm keeping mine. Try the distortion with the bass at 2 o'clock. The treble at 11 o'clock and the gain at noon. And turn on the cab sim. It fattens everything up.

Hand is good. Iced last night and no swelling or pain this morning. :thu:

Back