Fly rig competition

Not bad for $152. It would be great if Joyo made a line of these based on the Ironman amp sim pedals.

Wow! I really dig that one. Even more than the FlyRig. Put a clean boost in the loop and there's my whole rig actually. :thu:

I've been looking at that, love that the overdrive comes before the distortion the way I want it. And the demos I've heard have gotten great sounds. With the effects loop I'm pretty much sold on it. Don't know if I need it though, really think I don't, but maybe for something in the living room before a clean headphone amp. I usually play unplugged there.

valeton_dapper-dark-musicchina2016_001.jpg

I'm happy to have bought a US-designed and made RK5 rather than a reverse-engineered, Chinese ripoff, but hey -- that's just me...
I see this as an "inspired by" situation. This has the drives setup in the order I want them and doesn't have a dedicated amp simulation, rather a generic but good sounding distortion and overdrive. And then an effects loop before the delay. I think they actually improved on the design, at least made it more usable for everyone, just probably not going to have the QC, of course. And a Chinese company.

So this company makes regular pedals and they seem to run around $50 a pop. So you are getting 3 pedals in one box. I guess it is a convenient package if you only need Delay and 2 different drives, but if you need more than that, why not just get a board, and buy the 3 pedals from them? Then you get to pick you dirt pedals.

I see this as an "inspired by" situation. This has the drives setup in the order I want them and doesn't have a dedicated amp simulation, rather a generic but good sounding distortion and overdrive. And then an effects loop before the delay. I think they actually improved on the design, at least made it more usable for everyone, just probably not going to have the QC, of course. And a Chinese company.

As Brett Kingman stated in the video in the OP, it clearly is "paying homage" by another brand's product that he has previously demo'd. Most equipment on the market is "inspired by" someone else's product though, there is very, very rarely anything genuinely completely new these days in the guitar field. I prefer the design of the Valeton over the Flyrig purely on the basis of that included FX loop.

Back