Hot or Not? Flatline Delta 90

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
An acquaintance of mine who is a good player was just talking about liking his Flatline Delta 90.

delta_90_5_zpse21c3693.jpg

sample_butterscotch.jpg

The blues hound. This is the guitar version of whiskey on the rocks. The Delta 90 features our custom "Scarface" matched pickups handmade and only available in our guitars by Porter Pickups. The neck pickup is our take on a warm 50's tele pickup that is uncovered and designed to match and complement the high output of the bridge P-90. The P-90 was designed to create explosive tone inspired by Dan Auerbach's* 1956 Gibson** Les Paul Gold Top.This guitar is gritty and nasty when you want it to be but also has very rich tone when run clean with a splash of reverb. Add to this amazing package a Bigsby vibrato and this is just ridiculous!

Color Options: Black, Butterscotch, 2-tone Sunburst, Vintage Blonde, and Ivory. We also take a few custom paint orders, email info@flatlineguitars.com to discuss.

Other Options: Bigsby Tremolo (add $150)

$1499 + case and shipping

I would joyously rock that in spite of the awkward-looking control plate.

Reverse that sucker and spread out the knobs and it's full win.

Seems nice enough. The name "scareface" pickups is kind of a turn off, but other than that nice guitar.

Nice, but for $1,499 + case & shipping, I'd have to hear it and make sure it's worth paying that much.

i have one. it has a lollar overwound p90 with a gfs tele neck pup. i disconnected the neck pickup. great guitar. its not a partscaster but all custom made neck and body even the control plate is machined by them. the neck is great, a fat C-D'ish with very slick satin poly, compound radius 7.25-9.5...the bridge is amazing, very easy to intonate

phil keagy plays one as does the dude from grace potter

the dude who makes them told me a lot of nashvile dudes were looking for a tele that rocked like a gibson for new country. it indeed does not sound very tele-ish, but thats the point.

Last edited:
Tis luke warm. I like teles, but there are lots of teles I would pick before that one. I dig the p90 in the bridge, but I hate the logo on the body and the color. Overall it is just a meh for me.

It's ok. Based on this I'd be curious to hear it though.
i have one. it has a lollar overwound p90 with a gfs tele neck pup. i disconnected the neck pickup. great guitar. its not a partscaster but all custom made neck and body even the control plate is machined by them. the neck is great, a fat C-D'ish with very slick satin poly, compound radius 7.25-9.5...the bridge is amazing, very easy to intonate

the dude who makes them told me a lot of nashvile dudes were looking for a tele that rocked like a gibson for new country. it indeed does not sound very tele-ish, but thats the point.

Phil is the guy who alerted me to them. And he is very picky about what he plays. Great price for a small shop guitar.

and for Mark....

yup...they used to put a P-bass ashtray on it screwed into the wood-bad idea, almost unplayable like that. they stopped doing that. thats why mine has holes on both sides of the bridge. also IMO its a bad idea to use a Gibson toggle, its impossible to wire like an esquire. also the 50s style neck pickup had such a lower output than the hot p90 I couldnt use them together.

Back