Flashback Mini Delay

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
With Denverdave's thread on favorite delays and a rehearsal I did last night, I feel that I may add another delay to my GP board. Currently my GP board has 1-TC Flashback on it for all of my delay needs. The realization that I would like a minimum of two different settings made me stare at my board during rehearsal think I do have real estate to add a second delay. As a sidenote, the Boss Tuner has bee replaced by a TC Polytune Tuner.
June-19-2013 - S.jpg

So back to the delay...

For delay's in the past, I own 2 - EP4 Echoplex's and an MXR Analog Delay which I sold. When racks came around, I became a big fan of the TC 2290 and have always wanted one for the longest time. But with the cost being way to high, I settled for the Yamaha's SPX90 and Roland's SDE1000 racks. Later I turned to two BOSS SE-50's for all of my delay needs.

When I switched back to pedals I used the EHX Memory Man and the MXR Carbon Copy. The EHX is nice but uses a lot of real estate. The MXR just didn't work for me. I didn't care for the timbre of the delay as it was too dark for - hence my love for the TC2290. When TC came out with the Flashback that sported a 2290 setting, I was sold and had to get one. Found one used for $100 and it has been my favorite delay. Please note that I own 2 Wampler's - Faux Tape Echo Delay and Faux Analog Delay (Country/Rock Board) and a Line 6 DL4 (Mike Campbell board). Great pedals for when I play those styles of music. However for General Purpose, it is the 2290 sound out of the Flashback. Why do I like the 2290 sound so much? The delay's are crisp and defined. I do not like murky of muddy.

So with all that said, what will I plan to get for a second delay? The TC Mini Flashback. With a small footprint and the classic 2290 sound that I want, what other choice would I make?

ImageGen.ashx

For more info, click on the below...

http://www.tcelectronic.com/flashback-mini-delay/

Back