Question: Fishman SoloAmp SA220

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
After humping the big cube PA last Saturday, I am highly considering this:
Fishman_SoloAmp_3qtrRight-2d4f014c7d76bba730f8d8b802ec3685.jpg

I have heard them, and they sound good. The unit alone is 25 pounds, the whole thing with stand is 35 and it comes in a rolling bag. The only problem I see is the two channel limit. Can I hook a mixer to this if Carol and I are doing a gig together to add a third microphone?

Gary, I just glanced through the manual.... the Aux in is a stereo 1/4" jack (TRS), but there's also an XLR "Monitor In" and XLR "Monitor Out".

The cool thing is, if you get a second one you can mix your guitar and vocals and then send a mono mix on the Monitor Out.... then the other performer can have one of these sticks with their vocal and instrument... then the "monitor in" can accept the mix from your two channels.... and in return, send you a summed mix. Essentially it could create a stereo effect where your vocals and guitar can be set louder on your side and some of their mix... and vice versa on their side. Essentially what would happen with a 4 channel mixer and stereo PA. :baimun:

Also, if you only have XLR's to send from a mixer you already have, use that monitor in and you only need to worry about monitor level and master volume.

Back