Fishman - Loudbox Mini

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
In my continuous quest for a moderately priced acoustic amp for Jazz I stumbled across this yesterday in a GC add. Now I need to check this one out as I am kinda sold on it.

http://www.fishman.com/news/articles.asp?id=166

With 60 beefy watts of clean, sparkling Fishman sound, the new Loudbox Mini is setting a new standard for small acoustic amps. It comes with two feature-rich channels, and yet weighs only 20 lbs. And its MP3 input and balanced XLR D.I.output make it perfect for jamming along and capturing your performances. All at a mini price!

The award-winning Loudbox family has a new little brother!

Fishman's lightest and most portable amp yet, Loudbox Mini delivers the tonal quality that has made the Fishman name the standard for great acoustic sound. The Loudbox Mini packs 60Watts of clean acoustic power, and has two channels featuring Fishman's legendary preamp and tone control designs, plus digital reverb and chorus for the instrument channel and reverb for the microphone channel. The Loudbox Mini sports an MP3 input and balanced XLR D.I. output – a must for jamming along and capturing your performances.

If you're looking for great sound to inspire your practice sessions, or just need a big, yet portable voice at the local open mic night, look no further than the affordable new Loudbox Mini.

Power: 60W with Master Volume
Drivers: 6.5" woofer, 1" tweeter
Speaker baffle: 10° built-in tilt
Dimensions: 12" H x 13.7" W x 9.7" D (30.5cm x 34.9cm x 24.7cm)
Weight: 19.7 lbs.
Two channels: instrument & microphone
Digital Reverb and Chorus
Auxiliary input (1/4" and 1/8")
D.I. output: balanced XLR output

Instrument Channel:
1/4" input for active or passive pickups
Feedback-fighting Phase switch
3 band EQ: low, mid, high tone controls
Reverb level
Dual-function Chorus

Microphone Channel:
XLR input for dynamic microphones
2 band EQ with low and high tone controls
Reverb level

Loudbox-Mini_front(3).jpg

Loudbox-Mini_front-panel(2).jpg

Loudbox-Mini_side(1).jpg

Fishman Ships New Loudbox Mini Amp

Andover, MA – Destined to be one of Fishman’s most popular product introductions due to its compact size, 60 watt power output and cost-effective pricing ($299 USD - street), the Loudbox Mini amp began shipping September 1.

Weighing in at a mere 20 lbs., the Mini is the company’s lightest and most portable amp to date, delivering the tonal quality that has made the Fishman brand the standard for truly exceptional acoustic sound.

Equipped with two channels and Fishman’s legendary preamp and tone control designs, the Mini also includes high-quality digital reverb and chorus for the instrument channel, and reverb for the microphone channel. The Loudbox Mini also features an MP3 input and balanced XLR D.I. output, a must for jamming with others and recording your performances.

Loudbox Mini is housed in an attractive and elegant chocolate brown textured tolex enclosure with brown grille cloth and beige faceplate.

Commenting on the Loudbox Mini, Fishman VP of Retail Sales Scott Lombardo said, “We’ve had an exceptional amount of pre-orders for the Loudbox Mini and look forward to setting new sales benchmarks with what is a truly innovative product. Larry Fishman and the entire R&D department really hit the mark with this one.”

The new Loudbox Mini lists for $459.95 with a recommended street price of $299.95.

About Fishman
About Fishman Widely recognized as the premier designer and manufacturer of acoustic amplification products, Fishman products are found in the hands of most of the world’s top acoustic performers. Founder Larry Fishman’s innovative and unique approach to engineering and building amplification products for almost 30 years has led to the granting of over thirty patents. Today Fishman products are sold both to original equipment manufacturers and to the music-playing public through a worldwide network of musical instrument dealers and international distributors.

Back