First time for everything… HNGD!!!

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So a few weeks ago, I bought an Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee HH. It was a great guitar, but I had also purchased a long time desire of mine… Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci in Mystic Dream with matching headstock, piezo and shields…. I owned a few other JP’s, but this has always been the color combo that was never attainable. When one became available, I had to pounce.

I got both guitars and they were great. I ultimately decided to keep the JP because of it’s “dream guitar” status, but after a week or so, I found that I couldn’t bond with it. The neck profile was different for me, but I got used to that. What really made it hard to vibe with was it didn’t have the full rosewood neck that I had gotten used to with my Luke iii.

Anyway, I sold the JP and went back to the store yesterday to pick up my Albert Lee. Luckily, they sold it to me at the sale price I had originally got it for(promotion had ended). So I got the guitar for 2/3rds the price of what they normally go for…

So I bought a guitar, returned it, then rebought it… my sales guy couldn’t but help laugh. I totally expect the facepalms with this one.

I spent about 30 min with the Albert Lee last night when I got home from work. I instantly bonded with it!!! I enjoyed all of the different pickup combinations and the neck is just outstanding!!!

I know I’ve had issues with the Music Man forum, but those guys know how to make a damn good guitar.

21CD95C2-589E-42FF-A408-E7BA954D1413.jpg

*smirks*

Well, I hope you're truly happy with it, that's pretty much all I can add here.

*shakes head*

Wow, Mystix, just....wow.

Pretty slick little axe.

But you almost need a flowchart or venn diagram for your guitar purchases and trades and sales because mine are bad enough (the Charvel was trade for a Jackson Soloist which was traded for the Carvin which was traded for the Ibanez and the Orange Sparkle Strat was traded for the Black GK Strat). I can't keep your straight!

I think my swaperoos are over for the moment though. My wife calls me a "fickle guitar owner",

Man, that gives guitar flipping a whole new angle! Glad you got the one that work for you, though.

HNGDx2!

Back