First real storm here at the new house.

Coralkong

Alien
And it is NASTY outside.

Luckily, it is too warm for snow, but man....it is just howling outside!
So far, so good, but it wouldn't surprise me if we lost a couple of shingles or took some damage somewhere.

Yesterday was nasty, but today is even worse.
I would say winds of 40 mph, a cold, hard rain that is coming down sideways....flood watch (does not pertain to us, but the valley below us may get some flooding)......it is gross outside.

The winds and heavy rains have stripped most of the trees of their leaves, which are all over the roads and making it very slippery.

This could stop and I would be way OK with that, but the forecast doesn't look very promising.

weather.PNG

It is moving counter-clockwise up the coast, so the heaviest portions over Boston should be here shortly.

Lovely.

I imagine @Gary Blanchard is getting hammered by this right now, too.

Weather mojo.

Thanks. I can't believe the power (and internet) are still on, actually.
When I lived at the lake-house up here (before I moved in late June), if someone farted in Africa the power would go out......

I imagine the outage is coming, though.....

It is NASTY outside.

I guess the one positive is that I can easily tell where I need to add some weather-stripping to doors and such for the upcoming winter.

If it was about 10 degrees colder outside, I would be in a whole other kind of hurt right now, so there's that, too.

central MA got hit pretty good and it's still coming down in sheets. i'm in a new (old) house as well. Good opportunity to see how the house handles so much water. walk way flooded pretty good, little bit of water seeping into the bomb shelter, and the street looks more like a mountain stream right now (fortunately the house is well removed from the street). my previous house is on the same power grid as this one and it didn't go out, which is surprising. usually, you can just give the wires a dirty look and the power will go out for days.

glad it's relatively warm out. this storm would have produced a ridiculous amount of snow.

central MA got hit pretty good and it's still coming down in sheets. i'm in a new (old) house as well. Good opportunity to see how the house handles so much water. walk way flooded pretty good, little bit of water seeping into the bomb shelter, and the street looks more like a mountain stream right now (fortunately the house is well removed from the street). my previous house is on the same power grid as this one and it didn't go out, which is surprising. usually, you can just give the wires a dirty look and the power will go out for days.

glad it's relatively warm out. this storm would have produced a ridiculous amount of snow.
When we had that October snow storm a couple of years ago we were without power for a week. I don't ever want to go through that again.

When we are without power we not only have no heat, we don't even have running water as we are on a well.

When we had that October snow storm a couple of years ago we were without power for a week. I don't ever want to go through that again.

When we are without power we not only have no heat, we don't even have running water as we are on a well.

i remember that storm well. no running water sucked. we had heat thanks to a nice wood stove though. after my son was born, we finally caved and bought a generator. it's quite a nice luxury!

Same here. Record high temps.

BTW, that Graves lighthouse in Boston is named for my ancestor, Admiral Thomas Graves.

We had the tailend of the storms from your area which had come across the Atlantic.

Wind gusts up to 90mph. Not fun when you drive across a bridge to work

Back