First practice with the new band last night!

This just in:
The guitar parts on the entirety of the Hysteria album are way cool.

It took you about 30 years to notice that? :grin:

We do the title track live with Wasted on most gigs (as well as the obvious one in "Pour Some Sugar on Me"), and I seriously love that tune.

PSSOM does weird stuff to drunk women at every gig btw...and I like it. :grin:

It took you about 30 years to notice that? :grin:

We do the title track live with Wasted on most gigs (as well as the obvious one in "Pour Some Sugar on Me"), and I seriously love that tune.

PSSOM does weird stuff to drunk women at every gig btw...and I like it. :grin:
Excellent!

I could probably pull off the Phil Collen stuff, but that dead dude's stuff is out of my league. Not sure I could pull off a convincing "look" though.

When you do a Munsters tribute though, I'm TOTALLY your Uncle Fester.
I don't know, Phil can shred too. He's going to be on the new G4 tour with Joe Satriani & John Petrucci, so he has to be pretty good to be able to hang with those guys.

At one point around 1990 I DJ'd in a strip joint (no 'club' here, it was generously rated at 120-capacity and situated beneath an off-ramp of I-84 in Hartford) and "Pour Some Sugar" was .... magical.

At one point around 1990 I DJ'd in a strip joint (no 'club' here, it was generously rated at 120-capacity and situated beneath an off-ramp of I-84 in Hartford) and "Pour Some Sugar" was .... magical.
I frequented many a titty bar where dancing to Pour Some Sugar was de rigueur. T'was a beautiful thing.

Good song, but probably not--only the hits, man!
It was a minor hit. I hear it on the local classic rock station once in a blue moon. So I think people will know it. I bet it would go over fairly well :)

I'm having a ball learning these songs, BTW.

Lots of cool guitar stuff in there really.
Do read up on the insane stuff Mutt Lange had them do on Hysteria in particular (layering chords one note at a time and all that stuff). Not to mention 40 track gang vocals and other insane stuff.
That's one hell of an exercise in discipline.
He may be batshit crazy when it comes to being a right bastard when it comes to details, but sheesh...the sheer volume of albums sold he did in the 80s in particular is staggering.

Do read up on the insane stuff Mutt Lange had them do on Hysteria in particular (layering chords one note at a time and all that stuff). Not to mention 40 track gang vocals and other insane stuff.
That's one hell of an exercise in discipline.
He may be batshit crazy when it comes to being a right bastard when it comes to details, but sheesh...the sheer volume of albums sold he did in the 80s in particular is staggering.
Will do.
I'm watching a lot of live clips too in order to figure out how best to pull it off.

Do read up on the insane stuff Mutt Lange had them do on Hysteria in particular (layering chords one note at a time and all that stuff)...

Interesting. I recently have been playing with different ways of building my looper backing tracks.

I used to just lay down a rhythm, then play the chord progression over it, but now I've been doing things like playing the root chord and let it ring... then the second time around wait and play the last chord... then the third time around layer in the second and third chords. It does this really cool thing where instead of sliding from chord to chord, the notes ring like layering piano chords and it sounds really full and clean.

Thats the one. I used to do a fill in gig every six weeks or so with a local popular cover band, and when we played that song all the drunks chicks would jump up on stage and dance like strippers...lol

Back