First gig with full acoustic and electric rigs....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
I've been primarily playing my T5 electric with my band, but since adding a keyboard player, I'm playing much more electric. I had to do a 100% electric gig while my T5 was in the shop being refretted, but it's now back (note the frets are EVO gold frets. :baimun:)

501-1454250280-b3edaa494414666edc0693245c650206.jpg

The T5 saw about 5 songs and the Landshark guitar 3. The "Gilmour" PRS saw 95% of the action.

500-1454250227-5b817e24e117a697bab3f0fac1abba2c.jpg

I have my Electric pedal board (right) set up so it can be used on it's own (separate wah and tuner) but it was overkill. Other than one time using the phase 90 and one time with the Pinnacle, the RK5 carried the electric workload. I only used the dirty channel on the amp a couple times... I play a lot of boosted clean and jangle (funk and reggae) but when I need grit or solo, the RK5 is a trooper.

We also played "Smooth" from Santana without ever rehearsing it and it went well. Going forward, I'll just keep the RK5 in my guitar case and the acoustic board will go to every gig. Once I get some of the piezo bridges hooked up on my electrics, I'll run two cables and both paths at the same time. :)

Our next two shows I think I'll play the T5 for the entire first set, then switch to an electric for the rest of the show, see how that feels.

I keep wanting to add an electric guitar to our show, but i can't get over the extra load-in, stage real estate, and rig redundancies, not too mention the dreaded dead air during switches. Bringing 3 guitars to a show and using one of them 95% of the time would drive me crazy.
Doing an entire set on one and switching for the next set is more appealing. I recently took over writing set lists, so I'm going to look into it.

I like the setup, and I think that your going to a change of guitar for a second set will look "cleaner" for the overall performance.

I had a friend once named Baimun. He played "Smooth" by Carlos Santana, and I had to write him off. Some people can't be helped. I didn't even know he had a problem til he hit rock bottom.

RIP old friend

I had a friend once named Baimun. He played "Smooth" by Carlos Santana, and I had to write him off. Some people can't be helped. I didn't even know he had a problem til he hit rock bottom.

RIP old friend

:cry:

Reactions: OGG
He's playing full night cover gigs. My average night in a bar is 50-60 tunes over 4 hours.

Zactly. Three sets of 16-18 songs each with two short breaks to refill our beer pitchers and mingle. We usually put one or two originals in each set, but we are building our originals up so we have enough for a full set of originals so we can do hour long showcases or full length dance shows.

I thought a surfboard would make a cooler impression than a roll up banner. At times it's a little awkward carrying it around, but most places it lights up really nice.

12654354_539016182922143_9136223933062177005_n.jpg

10372577_362546973902399_16658602820404718_n.jpg

I dig the surfboard because it is unique. Not just some stuffy banner.

Back