finally! someone overdesigned a pick

I dunno.

On impulse, I grabbed a Zagg installation squeegee and used it as a pick.
I was finger picking and wanted to get more of a strum going and it was in front of me on my desk.

It fit well in my hand and worked well. My immediate thought was, "If this was pick material, it would be perfect."

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414545195.504853.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Why, if it is all it claims to be, it MUST be so finely engineered that it requires left AND right handed picks. munch0

It’s sad that they put so much thought into the design of the product but the marketing is total shit. Based on looking at it and what they say in the video I think the Pykmax is a pick for people who want to shred with the pick parallel to the strings but keep their wrist at a natural angle. But it might also have something to do with busking.

If you're looking to design the most efficient guitar pick, you don't go to metal players.

That's like Calloway consulting mini-golf players for their PGA line.

I'll bite. I watched the video and thought it was interesting. If you're serious I'll even see what my students think, or if it's just something marketed at players looking for something new, rather than of all skill levels.

I'll bite. I watched the video and thought it was interesting. If you're serious I'll even see what my students think, or if it's just something marketed at players looking for something new, rather than of all skill levels.

Great. Please show it to your students also - most of our instructor feedback has been very positive.

Please send your email address and phone number (for the delivery guy). You can email me directly at jmilikow@pykmax.com

Looking forward to your feedback!

Jeremy

Looks like it might be hard to do pick edge pop harmonics with this, at least how I do them. I also change the angle of the pick relative to the string quite a bit when I play, and it is hard to imagine how this would work with this device. It also seems like it would give me a cramp in the palm of my hand after a few hours of playing. Of course, these are just my initial impressions, and certainly not based on any hands on experience. It might be the best thing since sliced bread. I like the idea that the pick part is replaceable, as I am pretty hard on picks. It would be better if a few more thicknesses were available (thicker than a 1 mm), but I get that for a new product roll out you pick a few SKUs covering the most common sizes.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Jeremy. We like it when inventors and luthiers drop by and hang out. Really the only rules we have for commercial folks is to try to not spam the forum with adverts and stuff. So, sit back, take your shoes off, sit a spell....

How do you do pinch harmonics?
How do you slip the pick into your palm when you want to tap?
How do you do a pick scrape?
What if, when you speed pick, you use your fingers as much as your wrist.
And, most importantly, how can you throw picks at the audience if the damn thing is stuck to your hand?

Last edited:
Back