Finally got some demo tracks uploaded for you guys to check out....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
These are actually captured live from one of our shows using the multi-track output of the Allen & Heath mixer.

We then went back in and I overdubbed some vocals and we cleaned up a few spots here and there... and pow. We've got four demo tracks without all of us having to show up in a studio to record.

I sing and play rhythm guitar on Ain't No Sunshine, Miss You, and Vehicle. Our other guitarist sings on Down Home Girl and he plays the solos on all of these except Vehicle. That solo is unfortunately me. :embarrassed: It is however the Landshark Guitar so that's kinda cool. :tongue:

525-1458917387-76612c5a217c88f1a9d7f6035ca6d9ec.jpg

Anyways, give The Grooveheads a listen and let me know what none of you except @Jbird has heard in person. :helper:

damn , these are GOOD! very very good!

Thanks Scott. :) My son-in-law gave me a hard time about "Miss You" for the longest time because the Stones are his favorite band and we do it more dance-y than blues-y... and that I used to break into the "ahs" too soon, so now I try to keep the "oohs" going in my falsetto longer.

Still welcoming a little feedback from the rest of you guys. Hey @Jbird, how does this compare to what you heard when you came to see us? It's difficult to tell sometimes from the stage what we hear vs what the crowd hears.

The Grooveheads are groovy. All cuts have the Groovehead groove.
Seriously this is a compliment. Great takes on the tunes and tight danceable rhythms.
Is that a real horn on Vehicle?

Still welcoming a little feedback from the rest of you guys. Hey @Jbird, how does this compare to what you heard when you came to see us? It's difficult to tell sometimes from the stage what we hear vs what the crowd hears.
Sounds pretty close :) When I saw you guys the other guitarist wasn't there, though.

So I took the demos posted above and spliced together a minute or so from each one into one sampler with some photos from our shows and logo shots.

:helper:

Back