Dig it! Finally got a little set up done . . .

I found a cool little guitar shop/lesson studio here in Gig Harbor when I visited my Mom a month or so ago. The proprietor is a luthier and good tech who seems pretty practical. I brought my acoustic with me on this trip and took it in to him. Very pleased! He did not go overboard on anything, talked me out of spending money on a new saddle and bridge pins (mine are fine), and did some good work that has really improved my enjoyment of my guitar. He lowered the action, cleaned up wear grooves in the saddle and cleaned up the slots in the nut to take care of some noise I was getting, polished the frets, oiled and polished up the fretboard, and installed new strings (GHS). He said the neck relief and everything else was just fine.

The result is fabulous! The guitar feels great and sounds really nice too! Very pleased and cost me only $40 in labor, plus the strings! Sweet!

y3ebu8yp.jpg

He may see some more work from me!

Last edited:
I had a compensated saddle put on my Eastman archtop last week. It's like a whole new guitar now. The action was always great, but the intonation with the stock bridge drove me crazy.

A good setup makes it feel like a new guitar. I really need to find someone around here to fix my dad's old acoustic.

Back