Finally decided on an amp

as to a replacement speaker......go with what's been proven decade after decade.....EVM 12L.

it will handle ANYTHING you can do to it.

I really like Wren and Cuff, passed up a few of their pedals for really cheap prices at a guitar show a couple years ago, just didn't need them at the time.
W&C is great, and so are the others that Chad noted. Skreddy is pricey, but they make fun stuff. The box of war is the best fuzz I've ever used, and I keep coming back to it.

what amp did you get?
Peavey Classic 30, got to try it out for a few minutes last night and it really sounded great, I think it will suit me better than my past amps (VHT, Boogie, '72 Twin Reverb), should be getting a channel switch pedal and Fulltone Fulldrive for it coming this week too.

Give the stock Blue Marvel a chance. Depending on your setup, it might work great. If you start wanting "more" of something, though, it's probably the first change to try.

I'll second that. I used it stock for several years and got great tones, both live and on recordings.
I eventually swapped it out for a Hellatone, which sounds great. But I put the Blue Marvel in an extension cab, and when I run them side by side, they both sound pretty damn good.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Classic 30.

I've got a Celestion G12H30 in the amp, and a Celestion Greenback in a 112 extension cab. I think I've got EH 12AX7s and JJ EL84s in mine.

Honestly, the tubes matter less than the speaker. The Celestion made a world of difference to the tone of the amp, and it sounded pretty damned good with stock speaker.

I've had mine for at least 10 years now. Got it at a pawn shop for $200. It has broken down on my once...bad solder joint, but a local amp tech/friend of a friend fixed it for free.

Back