Fender Super 210

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I have an opportunity to pick up one of these at a very good price. Does anyone have any thoughts on them? I really don't need it. But a 60 watt Fender twin amp may be too good to pass up.

This isn't the exact amp. But it looks like this one with a bit more wear.

Super210Front72.jpg

Super210Back2.jpg
Super210Back72.jpg

If the price is right, why not? Players in general seem to like ( not love) them. Some live mix complaints but real no issues with tone.

I remember when those came out on the market in the late 80s/early 90s. Brad Whitford of Aerosmith used one for a little while. I never got a chance to try one out, but heard the cleans were OK. Dirt-wise, it's sort of like Rivera-era Fender amps lite (Marshall or Mesa it ain't). It also isn't like the red knobbed Fender (Evil) Twin Reverbs I occasionally used as test mules for trying out guitars (boy, were those things fuzz machines!). Still, they were decent basic amps, that were kind of overlooked back in the day.

a friend of mine has 4 red knob fenders, all heads and all 60 watts.
he loves them and has been playing them for 20 years

Ive always been curious about those. I had the red knob Princeton Chorus 210 which was a pretty cool little amp. If the price is right, it's probably worth a try.

An artist friend of mine told me that back in the late 80's Howard Dumble recommended he use a red knob Twin while waiting for his amp that was on the waiting list in the shop.

Back