Fender preps new Parallel Universe Series for NAMM 2018 launch

Jazzmaster vibrato is the greatest ever. FUQASTRAT
you see these yet?

jm.PNG

I’m sort of digging the Jag-Strat. It has the vibe of a Mosrite or something along those lines.

How can they take such glorious things and turn them so shitty, so fast?

Someone who holds 50% of Fender shares calls up and wants to know what new products are going to drive growth next quarter. Or maybe even profitability; it’s entirely possible that Fender’s buying spree put them in the same debt-laden nightmare as Gibson.

Fender had a similar idea a few years ago with the Pawn Shop series, but that series largely worked. Heck, my No. 1 guitar is a Pawn Shop Mustang. But this new series has some design flaws that are just odd.

In a parallel universe, I might consider buying one of those.

Also, with due respect, considering the fashionability of a guitar is ... well, it's like people who try to be cool. They can never be cool.

Also, with due respect, considering the fashionability of a guitar is ... well, it's like people who try to be cool. They can never be cool.

Nonsense. Consumer culture—especially as related to luxury goods—is all about fashion, novelty, and style.

If electric guitars weren’t fashion items, there’d be a lot fewer of them in the market and in our homes.

It's not 'nonsense' -- I pointed out that trend followers never quite get the cool points they're chasing.

It's not 'nonsense' -- I pointed out that trend followers never quite get the cool points they're chasing.

In some circles. But I think you’re using a crusty old guy countercultural lens. Think about popular teenagers...your head cheerleader, team captain sorts. Their rules of fashion/cool/status are definitely achieved by being on trend.

Last edited:
Back