FENDER IS MAKING AMPS OUT OF WHISKEYBARRELS

I wonder if they're actually made from whiskey barrels, or they're just made to look like it. The staves on a barrel are curved and charred on the inside. Neither of those attributes would lend well to use in an amp IMO.

I wonder if they're actually made from whiskey barrels, or they're just made to look like it. The staves on a barrel are curved and charred on the inside. Neither of those attributes would lend well to use in an amp IMO.

I was wondering that, too. Cutting and sanding away the inside wouldn’t be hard, but straightening out the oak seems like it would add a lot of labor costs.

Anyway, they look cool. And doing this as an edition of 100 from the custom shop will probably keep it from watering down the brand.

Another wondering too. That would be a huge pain in the ass.

I was wondering that, too. Cutting and sanding away the inside wouldn’t be hard, but straightening out the oak seems like it would add a lot of labor costs.

Anyway, they look cool. And doing this as an edition of 100 from the custom shop will probably keep it from watering down the brand.

My guess is that once you dissemble the barrel, you can plane out limited lengths of flat stock from the center portion out of each stave.

The company supplying the wood for Fender sells millwork in up to 30" lengths
http://www.riverdrive.co/products/millwork/

Back