Fender has some really cool new acoustic models out

It's funny, I've got another Fender acoustic too, and it also plays and sounds good, but also looks nice. I don't really have the attachment to it that I have to the Zombie, though. Plus, the Zombie is probably in the top 10 best sounding acoustics I've ever played, which is both amazing and irritating. :embarrassed:

My other Fender acoustic.

InCase.jpg

I have that one. I love the way it looks. It plays fine.

The sound is not all that great.

At one point (mid-60s) Harmony made Fender's acoustic line, and the Hellcat is based on the Harmony-Fenders.

Unfortunately, while the Hellcat's sound OK plugged in, the unplugged tone is pretty mediocre. Most Fender acoustics, though the years, have been mediocre, at best. No idea why Fender can't make a good acoustic, but at least they're consistent...

Unfortunately, Fender eventually bought Guild and that was TRAGIC, because it was the kiss of death to a great line. so those in the know buy Guilds made before Fender bought the company.

Well, if it was good enough for Johnny Cash it's good enough for....... Nah, this one just mostly hangs on the wall.

I have that one. I love the way it looks. It plays fine.

The sound is not all that great.

So it goes with all Fender acoustics. Not a serious acoustic player owns one for unplugged sound. Many Fender electric guys ascribe quality of name to the entire Fender product line. Their acoustic products should not be so grouped.

I also kinda like their Tim Armstrong Hellcat:
DV016_Jpg_Large_580406.010_natural_R.jpg

It also comes in a 12-string model.

I bought my son one of those for Christmas.
Other than the stupid skulls and cat inlays, it is actually a pretty nice little guitar.
He loves it.

Good value for the price, for sure.

Back