Fender cable warranty.

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Does Fender do the same cable-swap warranty at dealers that Monster and Livewire do? Or do I actually need to show a receipt when my cable suddenly goes silent.

Does Fender do the same cable-swap warranty at dealers that Monster and Livewire do? Or do I actually need to show a receipt when my cable suddenly goes silent.
I don't know. If you do have your receipt I would bring it or take it back to the place you bought it with the credit/debit card you bought it with and see if they can look it up.

Some years back I had a problem with a Fender cable. I was told to deal directly with Fender which I did. They did swap it out for me.

I’ll probably just go buy a new Livewire cable from Guitar Center. This Fender cable is the only cable I’ve owned that just randomly stopped working, so I’m not inclined to get another one.

I’ll probably just go buy a new Livewire cable from Guitar Center. This Fender cable is the only cable I’ve owned that just randomly stopped working, so I’m not inclined to get another one.
Strangely enough, the only cables I've ever had issues with are the cables with the mega warranties. My Monster cables were shitty within weaks and my Planet Waves cable got crackly sounding within a week and died shortly after. I've still got some old CBI cables from the '90s somewhere and I've been abusing Quantum cables of late (the particular model I get doesn't like to wrap around my leg). I've even got some Fender cables that I got in... '08? Still working OK.

I bought some Monster once, stupid deal of the day. I swear, the plugs are slightly smaller than any other cable.

the fender tweed cable is the first fender cable ive bought that didnt die within a year
but ive only had it 6 months or so

I never have cables die except for fender ones for some reason
ive had the same proCo cable I bought in 2004

I've killed every brand of cable.

I like ProCo and Live Wire the best. They are easy to fix when they break.

I'm not sure I've ever used the warranty on a cable.

I realized tonight this isn’t Fender’s fault. My kid plugs cables in and then jerks them around at the jack thwap0

I’ll try cutting it open tomorrow. Otherwise I still have a GC gift card with credit on it that they randomly gave me when I bought my TC Ditto.

I like Fender's tweed cables as well - but they're often overpriced.

Should I be asking how in the hell you all are treating your cables? Mine last a loooooooooong time - and though I don't gig, a longtime friend and regular performer (alt / indie - he's not just standing still on stage) has them last a loooooooooong time, too. I'm sensing cable abuse.

I finally got around to fixing that cable. I’ll never buy another one. Fender uses high melting point solder and in the time it took to get rid of the old solder I could have driven to Guitar Center and bought a cable with a better warranty. I was literally sitting there with the cable in a clamp, holding the iron the the solder, and reading the news while I waited for that crap to melt.

I finally got around to fixing that cable. I’ll never buy another one. Fender uses high melting point solder and in the time it took to get rid of the old solder I could have driven to Guitar Center and bought a cable with a better warranty. I was literally sitting there with the cable in a clamp, holding the iron the the solder, and reading the news while I waited for that crap to melt.
A little trick that I've used to melt solder that's being stubborn (like on the back of a pot). Melt a tiny bit of new solder along with it. Hot, already melted solder will melt through cold solder faster than anything and if you keep the iron on it then it'll help melt it all.

Back