Fender Announce Transition From Rosewood – CITES

Good changes. I wonder if they'll use synthetics on MIC and Squier in the future.
I don't know. I wonder if there will be a rush on "pre-CITES" strats in the near future or if it will become another internet fallacy that will live on in Craigslist and TGP listings forever.

I don't really care about fretboard wood. I have maple, ebony, Brazilian rosewood, Indian rosewood, mystery brown asian wood, and phenolic resin fretboards. They all work fine. I think finding a more ecologically sound wood source is a good idea. There are plenty of alternatives, spanning from natural woods to engineered wood products and all the way to artificial composite materials.

I don't really care about fretboard wood. I have maple, ebony, Brazilian rosewood, Indian rosewood, mystery brown asian wood, and phenolic resin fretboards. They all work fine. I think finding a more ecologically sound wood source is a good idea. There are plenty of alternatives, spanning from natural woods to engineered wood products and all the way to artificial composite materials.

NOOOOO!!!! Guitars can ONLY be made of mahogany, rosewood, maple, ash and alder!!!!!

Totally_jammin_out

agreed.

Back