Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus with Personality Cards

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratADPMMIB/

A Tone-tweaker's Dream Come True!
How do you get your ideal sound from your Strat? You pop open the hood and start tweaking! Fender has made this easier than ever with the new American Deluxe Strat Plus. You can "rewire" this axe in less than 30 seconds thanks to Fender's innovative personality cards. Just pop open the easy-access compartment on the back of the Strat, put in your personality card of choice, and rock out. With three distinct voices, plus N3 Noiseless pickups for sweet tone and a compound-radius fretboard for incredible playability, you'll be amazingly well-equipped for any gig with the Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus.

Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus
Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:

• Get the exact flavor of Strat tone you need with three interchangeable personality cards
  • Solid, wide-ranging tone from N3 Noiseless pickups
  • Other circuit mods are easy thanks to fully solderless electronics
  • Compound-radius fretboard feels just right
  • Rock-solid Strat design and fe
Get the exact flavor of Strat tone you need with three interchangeable personality cards
+
back-adpmmib.jpg

We're no strangers to modifying Fender Stratocasters here at Sweetwater, and we're constantly helping our guitar customers get closer to their ideal tone. That's why we're so excited about the interchangeable personality cards that you get with the American Deluxe Strat Plus. Bottom line, modded Strats are awesome, but you can't exactly re-mod one in the middle of a gig. With three different personality cards, you can instantly alter the fundamental voice of your Strat to suit any situation, on the stage or in the studio.

Standard
Classic Stratocaster set up with one volume, two tones, and a 5-way switch.

Cutter i
Tone controls become master treble and bass controls. DIP switches let you activate a treble bleed volume mod to reduce treble loss when turning down the volume, and also change the treble cut of the tone knob.

Blender i
Changes the middle tone control into a master tone, and the bottom tone control becomes a pickup blend. Blend in the bridge or neck pickup (whichever one is normally off) into positions 2,4, and 5. DIP switches let you activate a treble bleed volume mod to reduce treble loss when turning down the volume, and also change the treble cut of the tone knob.

Solid, wide-ranging tone from N3 Noiseless pickups
The trio of N3 Noiseless pickups on the American Deluxe Strat Plus is the perfect foundation for the tonal versatility of the personality card system. These pickups have a wide tonal range and excellent clarity and balance. These pickups produce all the spanky, chiming sound of single-coil pickups, with the hum-canceling characteristics of humbuckers.

pickups-adpmmib.jpg

Other circuit mods are easy thanks to fully solderless electronics
So you see, you can easily alter the fundamental tone of your American Deluxe Strat Plus just by swapping out personality cards, but what about more traditional modifications? Thankfully, the American Deluxe Strat Plus sports fully solderless electronics that make further circuit mods fast and easy to accomplish. So while the personality cards give you an incredible shortcut to modded Strat tone, nothing stands in the way of fine-tuning your tone even further. Call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer to find out more about the revolutionary and easily tweakable Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus!

Compound-radius fretboard feels just right
The American Deluxe Strat Plus features a 9.5"–14" compound-radius fretboard for ultimate playability. The fingerboard is rounder near the nut for easy chord-grabbing and rhythm playing. As your playing heats up and moves up the fretboard, the radius flattens out for easier runs and big, big string bends without fretting out. With a neck that plays this slick, you'll be up at the highest frets before you know it.

neck-sss.jpg

angle-adpmmib.jpg

Rock-solid Strat design and feel
The comfortable and classic shape of the Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus makes it a pleasure to play. The alder body offers all the comfort and spank that the Fender name is known for. It also provides a deep, warm tone that you immediately recognize as the quintessential Fender sound. The modern C-shaped maple neck is smooth playing thanks to its satin finish. You also get classic hand-rolled fretboard edges and staggered tuning machines, plus a 2-point tremolo, Micro-tilt adjustment on the neck, and a hardshell case.

Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus
Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:

• Fender Stratocaster with innovative personality cards for instant pickup/circuitry modification
  • Like having three distinctive guitar voices in one instrument
  • Personality cards are color-coded and labeled for easy identification and fast installation
  • Compound-radius fretboard is a fantastic foundation for both rhythm and lead playing
  • Get iconic single-coil tones without the single-coil hum thanks to N3 Noiseless pickups
  • U.S.-made in Fender's Corona, CA, factory
  • Includes hardshell case, cable, strap, and polishing

I like the blue with the maple board. I'd never bother switching the card and just go with the stock sounds as long as liked them. I like Strats so I assume I'd like this one too. I wouldn't really want to pay more than a grand on a good one though. Haven't got a grand mind you, and I'd spend about $700 on a Godin Session Custom or A6 Ultra first. Haven't got seven bills either, so it's moot.:thu:

Back