Female Guitarists..

Annie Clark definitely - one of my favorite guitarists of any gender. Weedly technique guys might laugh at this but she's so naturally musical it's scary.

I don't quite understand why we still have to identify guitarists by gender. Or why we have to rank guitarists in top 10 lists. At a certain level, they're all damn good, whether their male or female or whether they're ranked 1st or 10th on some person's list.
I'm of the same mind set...I don't even view that as a top ten 'best' list,I view it as a few girls that are good on guitar...There are obviously many others but most people don't make up a top 1000 list. And it's not my opinion..Just something I posted that I thought was interesting and may be enjoyed...

P.S....Ronda Rousey kicked ass last night..............

I'm not a fan of lists. I'm also not a fan of grouping musicians by sex because it usually shines more light on lesser musicians who look good in a miniskirt.

I'll put someone out there who never gets mentioned in threads like this who in my estimation is a really good blues guitarist regardless of gender:

Why must we divide musicians by gender and continually rate and pit them against each other like an all female Hunger Games movie.

For God sakes, why? Why? Why?!

Last edited:
Liz Buckingham
liz_buckingham_ew_live2_custom-9e7d428c896c9a48a8b2c5268a9af61eb704f8c8-s400-c85.jpg

Back