Feeling very low

mnewb1

HC Refugee
i am feeling very down today....I may end up fired from my job....I tend to have some wintertime depression and I am never good with change even in good times, my department just went through a restructuring with a few layoffs, I lost a significant numbers of hours and am arranging moonlighting to pick some up...in the middle of that they decided we are completely going to change how operate. No one is happy with the changes, there was not a lot of solicitation of opinion or much effort at buy in...this is the way it’s going to be period

Started yesterday, very stressful for me, and I tend to get withdrawn and quiet when stressed...I was pulled to a back office which added extra stress to an already stressful situation and initially asked what it was I didn’t like about the new situation but this quickly devolved into we want a full throated endorsement from you right now or basically your fired....I asked to finish the rest of the day and I would speak with my wife and talk with them in the morning....that was accepted....then while driving home after work, I got a call that I am suspended and they’ll get back to me in a few days...

Unless you’re in a union shop, suspension is almost always a prelude to termination...but if you have a documented mental/emotional issue (depression) the likelihood that they can term you is lower.

“Reasonable accommodation” — that’s what you should ask for if you wish to go down that road.

By the way, I hear ya. My job just laid off half the corporate staff yesterday and we’re completely retooling the business model.

I’ve long been the Court Wizard around here fixing everything and investigating everything...and now even more shit is gonna roll my way as I try to come up with a scheme for saving the company’s bacon.

That sounds like a total bullshit situation that they're laying on you, and I'm sorry that it's happening. Try to stay positive as best you can. Depression is a bitch in normal circumstances, and rough waters like this can turn it up to 11. Take care of yourself and most importantly go easy on yourself. This too shall pass.

I'm sorry you have to work in such shitty conditions. Maybe not working there is the best path, regardless if it is your choice to leave or not.

Don't give up. Don't give in!
There are plenty of other fish in the sea of jobs (unless you are in Houston's IT job market, that is).

Mojo, man. :( Hope it works out alright.

If it goes in the crapper, though, that may just be the prelude to a much better situation.

Back