February VOM1T Thread

Apologies if someone else has started one but I couldn't see one so here goes.

A caffeine deprived early Saturday morning version of Copperhead Road by Steve Earle (in case it's that bad you didn't recognise it!)

Did a run through yesterday to prep for a gig tonight. Recorded part of it.

Very cool stuff, as usual, from both of you. Between the office, school. and recording, I haven't had a chance to do anything, but here is a take from a show a year or so ago.

That's a good take. Like that Gary. :thu:
I need to try to book myself on that show again. It is a community TV station, but they do a three-camera shoot and then edit it. They sent me not only the video from the show, they also sent individual videos for each song so that I could post them on YouTube or other sites. The host also does a short interview. That is a great way to get some quality video for the website.

Let me try this. This isn't actually a VOM1T more like a VOM2T...or maybe more. There was something wrong with my recording system and I couldn't figure out what. I kept trying things to see if I could fix it. I finally isolated it to the Phantom Power for the condenser mic (or possibly the mic itself since I only have one so I cannot check). The problem was a low end rumble on the recording with the CM.

I recorded this using a SM57 which works but I got the CM specifically for acoustic recording.

That is some very nice playing. That is a neat song, too.

Thanks Gary. I found that rendition on youtube, the guy that played it also sang the song something that is beyond my ability (fingerpicking and singing would cause my head to explode).
:ewh:

I love the original version of Life on Mars but it's a piano piece and I was very happy when I found an acoustic guitar version of it.

Back