Favorite restaurant of ALL TIME

Willie Mae's Scotch House, New Orleans, Louisiana
image.jpeg

Harry's, Bridgend, Co Donegal, Ireland.

Village Tavern, Mountcharles, Co Donegal.

Linanne's, New Quay, Co Clare, Ireland.

Back in the 1980's, Baltimore had a place called The Cultured Pearl. It was a bar/restaurant with Mexican food, and also hosted poetry nights, jazz music, poetry nights with jazz music, and was the center of an arts scene that was odd and unique. My Original Soundtrack album had a song about the place and the cover photo was taken outside of the place. Louie's Bookstore and Cafe was another favorite of that era.

I have no current place that I would consider to be that exciting.

I grew up on/at this place. It's a San Diego institution since 1950. The same family still owns and operates it, it has never swayed from the original way of doing things. They have several locations throughout the county, and one way up in Napa Valley. New Yorkers usually hate it. Chicagoans usually hate it. Fuck 'em.

The crust is a little thicker than a New York pie, a bit doughy, the amount of mozzarella piled on top is outrageous, they make their own pepperoni, sausage etc, sauce is a family recipe. Aside from an amazing pie, they have fantastic lasagna, manicotti, spaghetti, ravioli etc.

Haters gonna hate.

bce37777a24b53417a8248faf7ce4fa4.jpg

b073f5796bfa84c3a5468ee9f29443ef.jpg

b2562a59d688a9ada698eadf7253c81b.jpg

8c2379f10a18c91c7dddee7468475115.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Holy cow Randy, that place looks good!

It is!

Was introduced to it 2-3 before we moved to Long Beach from a friend. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all great. If you are up here one day and I am available, let me know. We shall go!

Back