Favorite foods/beverages that are currently unavailable to you

Lemper

lemper-is-similar-with-sushi-with-different-mixing.jpg

Tempeh

Sliced_tempeh.jpg

its a fun place to party for a night or two and pickup whatever you need to enjoy the more beautiful beaches to the south.

The other thing is fresh fish. The only really fresh fish available is taken by the upper end restaurants. By the time it gets to the stores here it is usually days old. If not weeks.

"Fresh" seafood is usually a lie. Fishing boasts stay out for days and weeks at a time, keeping their catch frozen in the hold. The sushi served in Denver is as fresh as the sushi served in San Francisco.

For me, I can think of ...

Red Trolley Ale (So Cal)
Spring Pale Ale (British Columbia)
Luigi Ortega's Suidcide Pie (Pasadena)
Phillip's French Dip (L.A.)
Boiled Crawfish (La.)
Thrasher's fries (Md./Del. beachs)
Gray's Papaya Dog (NYC)
Good poutine (Canada)

Deli food, pastrami, potato salad, Halhava. Good Italian. I lived in an Italian neighborhood, with Italian grocery stores, and restruants, and bakeries. A good fresh cannolli. I'd like to not have to drive 50 miles for good Indian food.

Deli food, pastrami, potato salad, Halhava. Good Italian. I lived in an Italian neighborhood, with Italian grocery stores, and restruants, and bakeries. A good fresh cannolli. I'd like to not have to drive 50 miles for good Indian food.
I don't know of any good Italian places here in the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area. Or deli's, either :(

One cannot get a good Italian sub in New England.
You just can't.....and I've tried.

It's one of the few things I miss from the Mid-Atlantic region of the country.

You've already been gone too long if that's what you're calling a hoagie these days.....

You can't find a'good hero in Boston? Springfield,or Rhode Island? Fuck, I can get a decent hero here in Denver.

Back