Farthest you've traveled for a meal?

About 7.5 hours to Elm Grove for Wonton Min. I was lucky as there was an open house going on the following day at Kauer Guitars. :grin:

13 hours by car of 3 hours by plane/airport time for Wallingford Pizza in Seattle.

We've done both the drive and the flight for it.

Reactions: OGG
About 60 miles from Orange County to restaurants in LA. In particular: Damon's Steakhouse in Glendale and Seafood Bay in Hollywood and Whittier.

About 70 miles or so, back down to my wife's home town for her brother's 50th birthday dinner and back home.

Not quite Elvis style, but it was just going there to eat, say happy birthday and leave.

If we're talking about just one meal, ~2 hrs.

I generally plan vacations around meals, though; so if that counts.. ~7000 miles or so

Drove 2 1/2 hours from San Antonio to Smitty's in Lockhart TX. Worth every minute. So much so, I didn't eat any BBQ after that.

3-4 hours one way on some pretty gnarly forestry roads when I was doing research in Wyoming. I'd go to "town" once in a while to eat something other than PB&J and canned stuff and to replenish my smokes and beer supply.

The restaurant was usually a Sinclair gas station or a mom & pop convenience store in Kemmerer or Big Piney, WY.

Man those were some fun times. I need to get back out there.

I've never traveled a significant distance specifically for a meal. However, after having my first order of green chili mac at the Texas Chili Parlor in Austin I made it a point to go again on my following two trips. If we were to count those, then we're talking VA to TX by plain, taxi to Austin. Don't know the mileage or hours.

Back