Farthest you've traveled for a meal?

Theodore

I gotta move
Meal only, out and back. No "we were already in such and such so we ate at my favorite restaurant." I'm talking Elvis style.

We used to drive around an hour each way to get to Mambo's Parilla, on the other side of town where Mexico lies. They had the most amazing bacon-wrapped shrimp plate.

It isn't there any more, and the friends we used to go there with moved away anyway. :cry:

When I was in high school, I made the trip from the northern suburbs of chicago (right on the Cook/Lake county line) to the Brat Stop in Kenosha (34 miles). Of coure, that wasn't really for food; rather it was because the drinking age in Wisconsin was 18...

These days, the wife and I have driven up the Peninsula, through 'Frisco, and over the Golden Gate bridge to eat at the Buckeye Roadhouse in Mill Valley (65 miles)

Clear Lake, CA?

Lordy, no! :embarrassed:
:grin:
hampton-inn-suites-houston-clear-lake-nasa-area-map.gif

Going 27 miles in a few min for eats.
It is my daughters birthday and she wants to eat crab legs and play a little blackjack.

Does doing other stuff after eating - but the main reason for the trip was the restaurant- count?
I'm going to say yes...

166kms taking about 2 hours and 45 minutes to go from brother's place in Sooke, BC to Goats on a Roof restaurant in Coombs, BC.

After we ate, we checked out the market - it's the same property - and then went for a walk through a provincial park to burn off lunch, then drove back to my brother's where we were staying.

Is that your address? You're practically on top of the space center. My first date with my wife was there.
I chose that map from google images. Oddly enough, it is very close to my home, however. Until they moved, Perry's Steakhouse & Grille was really close. Talk about some very tasty dining!

Of course, we have all the usual fine eateries, such as PF Chang's messedup0, Olive Garden :i:, TGI Friday's :embarrassed:, and the two nastiest attempts at Italian food I've ever suffered through, Angelo's Pizza & Pasta and Zio's Italian Kitchen. I feel a little ill now. :-\

I've driven to Los Angeles for a meal quite a few times. It's just over 100 miles each way.

When my wife and I were dating, I flew her to Lake Havasu in a Piper Warrior 140 for a lunch date. If that counts, it's roughly 500 miles round trip. Cost a fuck ton of dough, but worth every cent.

Atlanta to Boston for Lobster. My Father in law is retired from Delta and he gave us Buddy Passes. we left very early on a tuesday morning, ate and caught the red eye home

When I was a kid we used to drive semi regularly from Tucson to Sonoita, AZ to a steakhouse which is about 45 miles one way.

Myself driving...specifically for nothing but a meal...I once drove across town for chicken at Popeyes chicken :HB:

Back