fark gibson, im buying a gretsch!

I don't think you could go wrong, either way. My own preference would be the Black Penguin, though. All the best in your quest!

I'd prefer the Power Jet. Give me hum cancelling pickups and a bridge I can intonate correctly.

Aw, who am I kidding? If I had that kind of cash, I'd buy a Godin and a new amp.

its all about the pickups! I was thinking, 'les pauls are kind of cool but the pickups arent that great'
then I was playing my tele with filtertrons and thats when it hit me-a solid body les paul with filtertrons would be the best!
a les paul that twangs=gretsch

Penguin for the win. Many types of Gibson pickups are great. Gretches are great. Different animals entirely. Happy hunting!

That black penguin is very nice. I've wanted a chambered (semi-hollow) for a while now. I'll add that to the list of the potential candidates.:grin:

Prefer the bridge on the power jet though.

That black penguin is very nice. I've wanted a chambered (semi-hollow) for a while now. I'll add that to the list of the potential candidates.:grin:

Prefer the bridge on the power jet though.

no its gotta be solid body. It perturbs me enough these are chambered but its not a deal breaker.

and I hate bisgbys

theres only a few gretsch that are stop tail and solid body

its all about the pickups! I was thinking, 'les pauls are kind of cool but the pickups arent that great'
then I was playing my tele with filtertrons and thats when it hit me-a solid body les paul with filtertrons would be the best!
a les paul that twangs=gretsch

Yes. Yes they are great.

155450235.jpg

160894945.jpg

Back