Fano RB6 Thinline in Faded Tea Burst

This would be cool without the fake wear.

And while it may be Rickenbackerish, the last time I checked Rics didn't have bolt-on necks.

Get rid of the relic job and slim down the headstock a bit (it looks too bloated to me - visually it's unbalanced) and I would love it. I like the idea of a Ric/Tele mashup, and I like this particular reworking of the Ric body shape - though part of me thinks the lower horn should be a bit more rounded.

It's actually a straight up profile of the Rickenbacker Combo guitar. The originals had a carved top and Dano makes them that way as well. The flat top and binding make the body a mash up of the Combo (single cut profile) and the 660 (flat top, checkered binding, figured/fancy wood grain) with the obvious Fender and Gibson pups.

They did one that was this profile and carved top but the electronics and relic-ing of Neil Young's Old Black...kinda cool, but still hate relic-ing.

It's actually a straight up profile of the Rickenbacker Combo guitar. The originals had a carved top and Dano makes them that way as well. The flat top and binding make the body a mash up of the Combo (single cut profile) and the 660 (flat top, checkered binding, figured/fancy wood grain) with the obvious Fender and Gibson pups.

They did one that was this profile and carved top but the electronics and relic-ing of Neil Young's Old Black...kinda cool, but still hate relic-ing.

Thanks for pointing me to the Combo. I wasn't familiar with that model so I assumed the shape was a bit of a mashup rather than a direct copy of a particular Ric model.

I looked up the black one and I think that color actually looks better on this body style than the tea burst (minus the relic nonsense).

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's favorite guitar maker, and he just finished off a double helping of Alpo Beef with Jalapeño...

Reactions: Tig
Back