Fano RB6 Thinline in Faded Tea Burst

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/fano-rb6-thinline-in-faded-tea-burst/
Fano-RB6-Thinline-1.jpg

The Fano Alt de Facto RB6 Thinline is one of the latest and coolest models yet from Premier Builders Guild. The RB6 Thinline is a limited run for 2014 and this one features a 1/4″ Curly Maple Top in Faded Tea Burst with a checkerboard bound top, a Mahogany body and neck, and a Fralin P-90 neck and Lollar 52 Tele bridge pickups. Weighs 6lbs 5oz.

Fano-RB6-Thinline-935.jpg

• Model: RB6 Thinline
  • Construction: Bolt-On
  • Body: Mahogany
  • Top: 1/4″ Curly Maple w/ Checkerboard Binding
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Neck Shape: Late 50′s Round Back
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Inlays: Dots
  • Radius: 10″-16″
  • Scale: 24 3/4″
  • Frets: Jescar 6105
  • Nut: 1.687″ Graphtech Tusq
  • Tuners: Gotoh Kluson
  • Bridge: Tele w/ Compensated Brass Saddles
  • Pickups: Fralin P90, Lollar 52 Tele
  • Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way
  • Knobs: Black Mustang
  • Hardware: Aged Nickel
  • Color: Faded Tea Burst
  • Distressing: Medium
  • Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Weight: albs 5oz
  • Case: G&G
$4500.00 + Free US Shipping

Don't appreciate the price or the relic-ing, but that's my favorite Rickenbacker looking guitar. I like pretty much all of the variations I seen on this guitar while being annoyed at the distressing. Tele bridge and pup with a P-90 is a combination that's hard to find fault with.

I really wish Fano would make non relic'd guitars. Not that I could afford one anyways, but I really dig their guitars (I love the MG6 with a Bigsby).

I really wish Fano would make non relic'd guitars. Not that I could afford one anyways, but I really dig their guitars (I love the MG6 with a Bigsby).

They do, but the most popular models are relics.

Get rid of the relic job and slim down the headstock a bit (it looks too bloated to me - visually it's unbalanced) and I would love it. I like the idea of a Ric/Tele mashup, and I like this particular reworking of the Ric body shape - though part of me thinks the lower horn should be a bit more rounded.

4500 for a guitar that people will think is a product from the site that shall not be named.

Where do I sign up?

Back