Fallout: New Vegas

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
So, after playing through FO4 about 5 times, I decided to go retro and backtrack through the series (though not 1 or 2, because fuck that shit). FONV took some getting used to, as the graphics are quite dated and the shooter mechanics are HORRIBLE. However, once I got used to all of that, man, I've been having so much fun in the Mojave. The story is great, IMO, and the writing is top-notch. I'd say that the writing is considerably better than FO4, and the factions are much more nuanced.

I think it's odd that the game actually ends after the MQ, as someone who started out with Skyrim and then FO4, so I'm making sure to do as much as I can before I progress to far. I'm currently on the third DLC, Old World Blues, and it's just been awesome.

Anyone else enjoy Desert Walking Simulator 1.0?

So, after playing through FO4 about 5 times, I decided to go retro and backtrack through the series (though not 1 or 2, because fuck that shit). FONV took some getting used to, as the graphics are quite dated and the shooter mechanics are HORRIBLE. However, once I got used to all of that, man, I've been having so much fun in the Mojave. The story is great, IMO, and the writing is top-notch. I'd say that the writing is considerably better than FO4, and the factions are much more nuanced.

I think it's odd that the game actually ends after the MQ, as someone who started out with Skyrim and then FO4, so I'm making sure to do as much as I can before I progress to far. I'm currently on the third DLC, Old World Blues, and it's just been awesome.

Anyone else enjoy Desert Walking Simulator 1.0?

Back when my son (and his XBox) lived at home, I was playing that game and enjoyed it immensely.

You know what's even crazier? They did developed and released it in 18 months. That's fucking insane for that great of a game. There is a YouTuber named Many A True Nerd who publishes a lot of Fallout material, and New Vegas is his favourite of the series. Check out his video of You Only Live Once.

I love that guy. Gopher is my fave though. I watched all of his FO4 and I'm just finishing his Honest Hearts DLC.

Many a True Nerd is my fave for settlement builds though.

I played through NV a bunch of times, untill Skyrim came on the scene. At one point, I think I had about 150 mods running in it. I also remember the end came when I loaded up an outfit store. I was inside and decided to open up the racemenu to change my character up. After about 3 minutes of waiting, I reset my 'puter (task manager said NV was not responding). I must have screwed something up real bad, 'cause I was never able to get any of my savegames up and running. Speaking of Skyrim, I decided to start playing that again and give FO4 a break. Lemme tell you, having a better video card with 4 Gb of VRAM makes playing incredible.

(though not 1 or 2, because fuck that shit). ...[snip]...The story is great, IMO, and the writing is top-notch. I'd say that the writing is considerably better than FO4
the same thing is true of 1 and 2, FWIW...

2884039-screen+shot+2015-06-14+at+8.05.32+pm+(2).png

Back