Falcons

Rick 381

Boob Enthusiast
The Falcon Owners Club had their annual convention in the hotel I work at. Here's some highlights,

DSC_0534_zpsw3o3aulb.jpg

DSC_0533_zpswyaejyka.jpg

DSC_0532_zps9jb1jb7g.jpg

DSC_0531_zpst2sxf8hj.jpg

DSC_0530_zpsccyxawzu.jpg

DSC_0529_zpsozjl7eth.jpg

DSC_0528_zpstflfjfcz.jpg

DSC_0525_zpschhlbz9a.jpg

DSC_0524_zpsusoszraj.jpg

DSC_0523_zpsxyi2snnz.jpg

My first car was a '65 Falcon I inherited from my sister, who inherited it from mom. Back in Northbrook, I could get that puppy up on two wheels making the turn on Voltz Road by the forest preserve. Good times!

I'm surprised to see so many in one place. I thought that they would all rust away.

DSC_0505_zpsyxbahfai.jpg

DSC_0504_zpsgxqrz9df.jpg

DSC_0501_zpsw6n2dabc.jpg

DSC_0500_zpsu3jyqsfy.jpg
DSC_0499_zpsoatngdyh.jpg

DSC_0498_zpsujau88bh.jpg

DSC_0497_zps497kumh1.jpg

DSC_0496_zpscbphf2jw.jpg

Alas, I have no interior pictures. It was 7:15 in the morning and I had just finished a long night. Never even thought about interiors.

One of the things they did was to take one of our buses to a local junkyard excuse me, automotive parts dismantling and recycling center, that has tons of 50's and 60's cars. One of the guys actually bought a car there. I guess the count was over 200 cars present. Over 700 members attended. I hear next year they're holding it in Sacramento.

So many excellent restorations and hot rods, but this one appeals to me the most.
DSC_0499_zpsoatngdyh.jpg

Best trailer ever!
DSC_0532_zps9jb1jb7g.jpg

I almost wish I'd bought the one that was for sale a year or so ago down the road from me.

It was a nice looking, and running car, and only $3500.

Alas, my Jeep GAS forbid it.

Now my Jeep fund sucks, and I don't have a Jeep, or a Falcon. :(

Lots of nice cars there. My dad had a Falcon when I was a teenager. It ended up being a shared car for me and my siblings until my idiot brother totaled it. Thanks for the pics!

those are cool pics. falcons/comets were pretty cool little cars.
but....ummm.....that white one (license COSMIC 1) that ain't no falcon. that's a fairlane/cyclone. and it looks like it's got a 427 in it. :eek:

Wow, never would have thought there were that many of them on the road still.

Our family car in the early 60's was a Falcon wagon. Black with red interior.

Back