F#@K pharmaceutical companies!!!

Dogsinplastic

avuncular to no one
So here's the latest bullshit that I'm guessing a bunch of you have already heard about:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/24/opinions/drug-company-pricing-klitzman/index.html

Watch out or the bias will get you!

Seriously though, the actual agents are dirt cheap and the packaging can't be more than a couple of bucks. Additionally, they have a shelf life of about two years, so you and/or your insurance company have to buy new ones at least every three years if you want to be safe and avoid dying as a result of your allergies.

Fuck these guys in the fucking meathead faces.

Last edited:
Can we add a fuck the insurance companies too? Our insurance company sent out a 243 page pdf update this year. I went in for my yearly echocardiogram and got a bill for $900. This is the same facility I have used for 5 years. It is in my cardiologists office, but the actual ultrasound machine is owned by a hospital. So since the machine is owned by a hospital, the procedure is now considered to be taken place in the hospital and they only cover 65% imaging procedures done in a hospital. That isn't bad enough, I got a letter from them a week before saying the procedure was approved. Nothing about it being at a "hospital." They also sent us a letter a few weeks before because my wife went to a local ER (different from the hospital that owns my echo machine) saying that we had used that ER in the past and now it is considered hospital billing so choose a new ER if we don't want to pay 35% of the next visit. No letter was sent about my echo. So after about 10 phone calls, I am on the hook for $900.

Yup. And the CEO is a Senator's daughter :thu:

http://deadstate.org/after-jacking-...-ceo-boosted-her-salary-to-almost-19-million/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pany-at-the-center-of-the-epipen-controversy/

"According to a report from NBC News, from 2007 to 2015, Mylan CEO Heather Bresch’s compensation went from $2,453,456 to $18,931,068, a 671 percent increase.

During that same period, Mylan raised EpiPen prices from $56.64 to $317.82, a 461 percent increase."

That beyotch! Is she in a relationship with that other douchebag?

The CNN piece points out the potential need for some sort of regulation with int eh industry and I can't help but agree. As a supporter of universal health care, I think it and the treatments/therapies associated with them need to be readily available. Since working within the healthcare industry I'm even more aware than I previously was how much the game is too overcharge for the services, meds, and supplies because the insurance companies won't pay the "full" price if said pricing were truly reflective of the actual costs.

I know the pharmaceutical companies are all about money, but they shouldn't be. Their position is actually stalling medical advancements. Finding cures provides no long term assurance of profit. Chronic treatment is the money maker for them, so it's all about keeping you alive as long as possible so you keep taking their magic pills.

Evils shit bags...pardon my French.

Can we add a fuck the insurance companies too? Our insurance company sent out a 243 page pdf update this year. I went in for my yearly echocardiogram and got a bill for $900. This is the same facility I have used for 5 years. It is in my cardiologists office, but the actual ultrasound machine is owned by a hospital. So since the machine is owned by a hospital, the procedure is now considered to be taken place in the hospital and they only cover 65% imaging procedures done in a hospital. That isn't bad enough, I got a letter from them a week before saying the procedure was approved. Nothing about it being at a "hospital." They also sent us a letter a few weeks before because my wife went to a local ER (different from the hospital that owns my echo machine) saying that we had used that ER in the past and now it is considered hospital billing so choose a new ER if we don't want to pay 35% of the next visit. No letter was sent about my echo. So after about 10 phone calls, I am on the hook for $900.

Yes, fuck the insurance companies...but they are really under the thumb of big-pharma...so they get a secondary fuck you.

Reactions: Tig
Just remember kids, single payer healthcare is bad. The free market rules!!!!!

I know you are being sarcastic.

Single payer is the only way to get this shit under control. I can't understand why healthcare is a for profit industry in this country. I wouldn't wish illness on anyone, but if everyone had to deal with pharma and insurance like I do, the whole country would be marching on Washington demanding it.

Yes, fuck the insurance companies...but they are really under the thumb of big-pharma...so they get a secondary fuck you.

Yes and no. My echo has nothing to do with big-pharma. It is a doctor reading an ultrasound. No drugs involved. A simple letter, like the one they sent my wife about the ER, would have let me reschedule my echo somewhere else and had it covered 100%. That's all. My wife had been to that ER once, this was my 5th echo at the same location.

Single payer is the only way to get this shit under control. I can't understand why healthcare is a for profit industry in this country. I wouldn't wish illness on anyone, but if everyone had to deal with pharma and insurance like I do, the whole country would be marching on Washington demanding it.

Or any country.

I think we should pay doctors less (not like teachers, mind you) but more reasonable salaries and the pricing (because the actual cost isn't the issue) of all healthcare related items/services/needs has to be regulated. I know that's what Kennedy was fighting for and what Obama really wanted, but he compromised to get something on the books. Unfortunately it is tied to the insurance game which as mention is total bullshit.

Shut up, commie. The free market is awesome if you run a pharma company!

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

Ooooo...I like popcorn! What kinda soda you drinking? I loves me some root beer.

My entire living, income and retirement comes from working with Pharmaceutical Companies.

Though I don't agree with inflating prices and what Mylan has done with EPI pens, I also don't agree with some of the posts in this thread.

I'm just going to lurk and stay out of commenting in this thread.

I do understand the frustration.

Can we add college universities in the US as a F@#'k You too?

And it's a diet Dr. Pepper to answer your specific question. With a small amount of heavy cream. Tastes like ice cream.

I don't think typical doctor salaries are really the problem. Though some are certainly over payed for what they do and milking the system big time.

And if any of you know what's going on in the pain clinic world you would shit a brick (if you weren't too constipated from all that oxy).

Last edited:
Or any country.

I think we should pay doctors less (not like teachers, mind you) but more reasonable salaries and the pricing (because the actual cost isn't the issue) of all healthcare related items/services/needs has to be regulated. I know that's what Kennedy was fighting for and what Obama really wanted, but he compromised to get something on the books. Unfortunately it is tied to the insurance game which as mention is total bullshit.

I said our country because we are the only civilized country in the world without a single payer system. But yes, it shouldn't be anywhere.

I think in order to pay doctors less, medical school needs to be affordable. One of the docs I used to work with said his student loans were over 200k. If you ask someone to take on that kind of debt, they need to get paid well.

I don't think typical doctor salaries are really the problem. Though some are certainly over payed for they do and milking the system big time.

Hospitals have to pay them and make the money from somewhere, so they start inflating the prices of all of their services and supplies directly onto the customers/patients.

My entire living, income and retirement comes from working with Pharmaceutical Companies.

Though I don't agree with inflating prices and what Mylan has done with EPI pens, I also don't agree with some of the posts in this thread.

I'm just going to lurk and stay out of commenting in this thread.

I do understand the frustration.

Can we add college universities in the US as a F@#'k You too?

And it's a diet Dr. Pepper to answer your specific question. With a small amount of heavy cream. Tastes like ice cream.

Sorry you work for the dark side.

It depends which universities you're talking about. As a whole they cost a shit ton to run, yet professors are overpaid and the tenure system is not ideal for teaching at any level. Like hospitals the physical plant is a massive money pit. Support staff is usually highly underpaid compared to comparable work int he private sector (even at private universities). That said, it is not generally accepted that they can/do/should profit at any level, let alone at $19 million dollar salaries before perks off of the hardship and suffering of their customers/students. Student loan debt is unfortunately on the student along with any given university. If you can't foot the bill, you should find a more suitably priced institution for your higher education. I think everyone should get an Associates degree from a community college and then transfer to a university to get their BA/BA or beyond. And make sure you can afford that name on the degree...the one that doesn't really matter after a few years in the work force. Choices in healthcare are nowhere near as wide ranging in costs. Expensive procedures and medications don't fluctuate like gas prices depending upon where you live. College sports programs can eat a big bag of dicks...maybe they can share them with the managers from pharma companies.:thu:

I said our country because we are the only civilized country in the world without a single payer system. But yes, it shouldn't be anywhere.

I think in order to pay doctors less, medical school needs to be affordable. One of the docs I used to work with said his student loans were over 200k. If you ask someone to take on that kind of debt, they need to get paid well.

Some medical are quite affordable, but they are the hardest to get into. University of Maryland has one of the highest ranked schools in the country and one of the least expensive (significantly less than Georgetown's undergrad tuition $13K and $25K less and their SoM). Again, the burden of debt needs to be a factor in going to school and selecting your school, regardless of intended career or major.

Shit, I need to get to work!

So the beginning of the article says that drug companies invest tons of money to develop the drugs. And therefore deserve to make a profit. Then a handful of paragraphs later it says that taxpayer money is also used for he same purpose...wtf. Where's my profit?

Back