EZ Drummer or Superior Drummer?

Discussion in 'Drums and Drumming' started by Danhedonia, Jun 5, 2017.

Jun 5, 2017
  1. Danhedonia Kick Henry Jackassowski

Superior Drummer is on special for $179 -- only a few shekels more than EZ Drummer. Probably going to buy one - which should I?

2. Jun 23, 2017
  3. Danhedonia Kick Henry Jackassowski

Haven't pulled the trigger yet ... now looking (also) at Addictive Drums. Beginning to feel that EZ Drummer is not $150 better than MT PowerDrum?

If anyone is still seeing / reading / willing to respond, couple of last questions:
    * How is the learning curve on Addictive? I know about the curves for EZ vs. Superior
    * Do ANY of those 3 products have an easy step-grid display (not the MIDI editor) for pattern programming? Or is the point that once you get to this level, you should be comfortable using the MIDI editor from the DAW?

4. Jun 23, 2017
  5. Mark Wein :mad:

I don't think there is too much of a learning curve if you've tried the other programs. I don't think there is a grid editor in Addictive drums. I always do my editing in the DAW midi roll.

Danhedonia likes this.
  6. Jun 23, 2017
  7. micwalt Hell Bound, F*g-Enabling Whore

EZdrummer doesn't have a grid display, but it does have a section where you can create beats by recording them (with triggers or mouse clicks), one hit at a time. You can then quantize, undo, delete specific drums, and add more hits to your heart's content. You can also use the Edit Play Style function to add hits and/or ghost notes to any drum and increase or decrease velocity.

Danhedonia likes this.
  8. Jun 23, 2017
  9. Danhedonia Kick Henry Jackassowski

Thanks to each of you.

For me, the grid is a writing tool - fastest way (for me) to randomly try stuff. Maybe if I did the randomization on the iPad and then did the 'final mapping' in the MIDI roll it'd be a cleaner workflow. I don't know - I'm so desperate to simplify.

I do think it will either be Superior or Addictive.

Mark Wein likes this.
  10. Sep 18, 2017
  11. vonbladet r00b

As Sun Ra remarked, "as all marines are riflemen, all members of the Arkestra are percussionists". But if you have less ("fewer") than three(3) dedicated percussionists can you really be said to be living your best life?

12. Sep 22, 2017
  13. Dexter Inferno Serious error

Interestingly, Superior Drummer 3 is now out and after having watched a few vids...it looks like the drum vst to end them all. Wow.
    I can see an upgrade in the near future. :weebz: