Explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England

Terrible, tragic.

And some of you were giving Kansas a bunch of grief for canceling shows based on a direct warning.

Just sayin'

This poor kid (Ariana) is going to have to live with the fact that 19 people died and many more injured because they came to see her.

Nobody wants to feel what she's going to feel forever.

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

Seems they waited for the show to be over, as the doors get opened for everyone and security is lax.

Interestingly terrible, since I work in security.

Shit news to wake up to. Saw one of the best concerts of my life in there. :(

Terrible, tragic.

And some of you were giving Kansas a bunch of grief for canceling shows based on a direct warning.

Just sayin'

This poor kid (Ariana) is going to have to live with the fact that 19 people died and many more injured because they came to see her.

Nobody wants to feel what she's going to feel forever.

While I feel sorry for Ariana (as well as all those affected obviously), she will have to realise that she is not responsible. She didn't decide to try and kill people with a suicide bomb. It wouldn't have mattered who was playing to be honest, or their nationality. The hate filled nutjob was just looking for a mass crowd to target and that's not exclusive to the UK/Europe (eg Boston Marathon). Manchester Arena unfortunately turned out to be an easy target due to the access arrangements it has with Manchester Victoria Railway Station so I've read online. As to Kansas cancelling, personally I feel that's giving in to the terrorists, YMMV.

While I feel sorry for Ariana (as well as all those affected obviously), she will have to realise that she is not responsible. She didn't decide to try and kill people with a suicide bomb. It wouldn't have mattered who was playing to be honest, or their nationality. The hate filled nutjob was just looking for a mass crowd to target and that's not exclusive to the UK/Europe (eg Boston Marathon). Manchester Arena unfortunately turned out to be an easy target due to the access arrangements it has with Manchester Victoria Railway Station so I've read online. As to Kansas cancelling, personally I feel that's giving in to the terrorists, YMMV.
I'm in agreement across the board with exception of the last statement about Kansas. Yes, canceling does in a way, give a moral victory to those who might feel so inclined, but it's only that... a moral victory. If the band had legitimate concerns based on direct intel provided to them by DHS, they had a brutally tough decision to make. In the end, they decided caution was prudent. I find no fault with that.

Imagine they had gone ahead with the tour and something like this happened. A lot of monday morning quarterbacks would be all over them for ignoring the warnings and leading people to their deaths. I wouldn't want to live with that weight on my shoulders

I'm in agreement across the board with exception of the last statement about Kansas. Yes, canceling does in a way, give a moral victory to those who might feel so inclined, but it's only that... a moral victory. If the band had legitimate concerns based on direct intel provided to them by DHS, they had a brutally tough decision to make. In the end, they decided caution was prudent. I find no fault with that.

Imagine they had gone ahead with the tour and something like this happened. A lot of monday morning quarterbacks would be all over them for ignoring the warnings and leading people to their deaths. I wouldn't want to live with that weight on my shoulders

I don't blame her for canceling. I see merit in both of your statements. If I were in her situation, my first instinct is to go on with the show and not give the impression that the violence made me change my plans. However, I imagine this has to be emotionally devastating to her and her team. Even though she bares no responsibility what so ever for the actions of a deranged individual. I would think it would be very difficult to get in the right headspace to put on a good show for the folks that bought tickets after such a terrible event. Probably best to take some time and return at a later date.

Back