Excel Series EXL-1 Hollowbody Electric Guitar with Stairstep Tailpiece Blue Burst - Today's...

Am I the only one now craving a big-bodied hollow jazz box?

I'm not. You've met me, big-bodied hollow guitars don't really work for me :grin:

@ADDIE congrats on the new guitar and the incoming one and welcome to the forum. I'd love to see a thread with some of your builds.

Hey, will do. Right now I'm tearing apart a Tradition s20. I have a few of these guitars and repped them for a minute when Eric was the owner. This one is a nice flame top 1/4 inch thick.. yeah, I was totally surprised. It has been upgraded to Fluid 21 HB 151 CLS pickups.. ???? What the ?? I have no clue what these are and who makes them. Really solid with grey fat wire running out of it into control box. Bone nut. Someone loved this axe. It plays great.
Been rewired so the top two knobs control the pickup vol and one of the bottom knobs controls the tone. I've seen that done a lot on a 4 knob axe in fact I did that to one of my Gibson les pauls..
Anyway.. Does anyone know who makes the Fluid 21 pickups?
Thanks.. is there another thread I might post this to? I'll look around.
Haven't gotten the big box new one yet.. should be here next Tues.
In the mean time, I'm posting some for sale stuff over at Reverb.com
You buy, you sell, then you buy more, then you sell.. lol.. been doing this for so many years.. I love to just check out everything. But my heart belongs to my tele and my tele builds.. The perfect guitar for playing any style and to use while singing.. just 2 knobs.. hehe.. Thanks for any info

It's here!! What a gem. I'll get some pics up in a few. It was filthy. I just finished polishing and cleaning everything on it. The amber is quite stunning. Better than the pics by seller which made it look more white and faded. This is a honey amber. Strings on it are a bit thudy, but that is an easy fix. Sounds great, plays great. This is an older one and apparently made in the New Jersey factory. 2006. The deal was incredible. I'm super happy with this purchase as well. Pics to follow:bluesdance::ex:

Yeah, the sunburst one was for sale.. I would have grabbed it, but I already have two now. I got that blonde one off of Reverb.com for 550.00 that was a steal and it's a 2006 .. it's different from the new ones.. Anyway, sale is over now.. lol congrats to anyone who got one.

That's ai'ight... I really don't need to buy a guitar in the immediate future. I saw the one you bought on Reverb, my finger had hovered, if there was any indication he'd have taken $550, I'd have yoinked it.

Eh is pretty cool and doesn't afraid of anyone.

So, comparing it to my Martin, it's quiter, without the booming lows and snappy highs, leaving more of a somewhat vocal midrange quality. Kind of reminiscent of a smaller bodied guitar, or even a nylon string. It comes with roundwounds, so I'll get some flats on it soon.

I had it shipped to store so I could deal with any problems immediately. Fit and finish were good, it was at least kind of set up, so cool there. Only downsides were that it was definitely pulled off a shelf elsewhere, or it was a return, because there were some marks on the plastic wrap over the pickguard, and some chords cause a sympathetic vibration/rattle in the pickguard or maybe the wiring for the controls. I'll poke around the wiring with a little dowel, and if that doesn't fix it, given that light pressure on the guard silences it, I'll take it off, and weigh it up with some gaffer.

Back