Excel Series EXL-1 Hollowbody Electric Guitar with Stairstep Tailpiece Blue Burst - Today's...

Okay, no prob. I should prob get it next week. As far as taking pictures of all my guitars. ha.. I prob have over 200 plus I build two lines. Lilqueenie Guitars and Bitchguitars .. the Bitchguitars are like barncasters tele clones. I am a tele player so I'm always chasing my Fender 1952 with the Tadeo Gomez neck. Regardless, I'll take some pics of what I'm currently playing looks like I have 9 out in my space. Also I sell on Reverb.com I have a ton of stuff I'm getting ready to put up. Thanks for the kind welcome.
OK....now you've opened up the build-thread can of worms... :grin:

Update.... Update.... Update. OMG. Okay, I hate most guitars I buy, no, not really, but it has to offer a lot. THIS offers sooooo much. Out of the box and case, it is gorgeous. The photos don't do it justice. The finish glows like a deep blue ocean with a darker shade outside. Killer. Sides and back flame, killer. Okay, one of the coolest things about this guitar is how it sounds unplugged. It's a friggin acoustic guitar!!! It rings. On the higher registers it sounds like it has reverb on it. Unreal. I couldn't stop playing acoustic stuff. (After I lowered the bridge almost all the way).Then I plugged it in. Just a natural wonderful sound and on a med volume you get the acoustic sound as well. Killer once again.
Let's talk about it's big fat neck.
So, I usually don't like a neck this large or wide at the nut and with the string width. I like a Fender 7 spread and even a 6.75 that I had cut for my 52 as the high E kept going off the fret board when I was cracking the blues up there.
This is so comfy. Not kidding. Don't mind the neck in fact very easy to play.
So all in all, I give this guitar an A+ for sound and construction including pickup.
And an A+ for the quality of the finish
A B+ cause it's not throw-up blue. Ha!
An A+ for play-ability.
And a def A+++++++++++++++ for the incredible, friggin, awesome, outrageous deal I got.. hehe
Will try to get some sound clips up. But if you can get one of these and you want a great sounding and playing acoustic tangled up with a fine playing jazz guitar, go for it.
P.S. it has reg strings not flat wound. Not sure how I will handle this cause it's so fine with these.

Congrats, thanks for the update and HNGD! Sounds like maybe the rest of us shoulda bit on that one. Not to worry, if they didn't sell them all, they'll show up again in the SDOTD soon. I think they're still trying to get rid of sonic maximizers.

Update.... Update.... Update. OMG. Okay, I hate most guitars I buy, no, not really, but it has to offer a lot. THIS offers sooooo much. Out of the box and case, it is gorgeous. The photos don't do it justice. The finish glows like a deep blue ocean with a darker shade outside. Killer. Sides and back flame, killer. Okay, one of the coolest things about this guitar is how it sounds unplugged. It's a friggin acoustic guitar!!! It rings. On the higher registers it sounds like it has reverb on it. Unreal. I couldn't stop playing acoustic stuff. (After I lowered the bridge almost all the way).Then I plugged it in. Just a natural wonderful sound and on a med volume you get the acoustic sound as well. Killer once again.
Let's talk about it's big fat neck.
So, I usually don't like a neck this large or wide at the nut and with the string width. I like a Fender 7 spread and even a 6.75 that I had cut for my 52 as the high E kept going off the fret board when I was cracking the blues up there.
This is so comfy. Not kidding. Don't mind the neck in fact very easy to play.
So all in all, I give this guitar an A+ for sound and construction including pickup.
And an A+ for the quality of the finish
A B+ cause it's not throw-up blue. Ha!
An A+ for play-ability.
And a def A+++++++++++++++ for the incredible, friggin, awesome, outrageous deal I got.. hehe
Will try to get some sound clips up. But if you can get one of these and you want a great sounding and playing acoustic tangled up with a fine playing jazz guitar, go for it.
P.S. it has reg strings not flat wound. Not sure how I will handle this cause it's so fine with these.
I have one in sunburst and I couldn't agree more with your review. You did forget to mention the most beautiful headstock ever put on a guitar.

The new D'Angelicos are built in the same Korean factory (SPG) as the Newark Street Guilds and the Gretsch Electromatics.

I'm not surprised you're enjoying it. My new Guild Starfire IV never ceases to amaze me. Those SPG guys (the factory was purchased by workers from Samick when the jobs were shipped to Indonesia -- sort of reminiscent of the Gibson/Heritage story) do a heck of a job!

I have one in sunburst and I couldn't agree more with your review. You did forget to mention the most beautiful headstock ever put on a guitar.
Yes, that too!! I can't stop playing it. It makes me do so many different things.. just a joy to play acoustically..

699 bucks plus tax which brought it to 750.00 with case and free shipping.. it is listed everywhere including MF for 1399.00 DEAL DEAL DEAL

Awesome (and weirdly -- the exact same price I paid for my Guild, although since street price on that is normally $1099 I must defer to you as el jefe of deal-getters!)

Am I the only one now craving a big-bodied hollow jazz box?

Ella Fitzgerald does not appreciate your sexist, racist, body-shaming comment!

ELLABOPLIGHT72dpi.jpg

Back