Excel Series EXL-1 Hollowbody Electric Guitar with Stairstep Tailpiece Blue Burst - Today's...

Nice guitar, terrible color.

Exactly. I read the title:

"D'angelico EXL-1"
Veronica-Mars.gif

"Blue burst"
giphy.gif

clearly these new D'Angelicos are not the same as the ones that John D. made in New York, or you'd be adding a zero to that number.

clearly these new D'Angelicos are not the same as the ones that John D. made in New York, or you'd be adding a zero to that number.

They’re generic MIK designs with the D’Angelico headstock. You can usually find them for lower prices from other brands.

That would be perfect if you play in a jazz band on a cruise ship, and the whole band is attired in powder-blue tuxes.

They wouldn't have to deeply discount them if they were pretty.

Now this damn thing shows up in the margin on half of the sites I go to now. That damn blue guitar is haunting me!

The new D'Angelicos are built in the same Korean factory (SPG) as the Newark Street Guilds and the Gretsch Electromatics.

haha.. I love all the comments. I hate the color, but love the guitar and how it sounds.. sooooo at half off, I bought the damn thing. And I can probably flip it and make a profit.. or.. antique it, Sand that ugly ass color right off the thing and refinish it.. it could happen...

haha.. I love all the comments. I hate the color, but love the guitar and how it sounds.. sooooo at half off, I bought the damn thing. And I can probably flip it and make a profit.. or.. antique it, Sand that ugly ass color right off the thing and refinish it.. it could happen...

Welcome to the forum.

I wish you many years for rockin' out on your new guitar.

Unwritten forum protocol says you need to start a HNGD (happy new guitar day) thread when it arrives. Review and pictures are expected.

Also, if you can't find one, start a "family picture" thread with a picture of all of your guitars.

Like @Dudeman1967 said, please post pics and a review when you get it. D'Angelico's are pretty rare around these parts.

I expect a full report, including pictures with lines and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one...cop0

Okay, no prob. I should prob get it next week. As far as taking pictures of all my guitars. ha.. I prob have over 200 plus I build two lines. Lilqueenie Guitars and Bitchguitars .. the Bitchguitars are like barncasters tele clones. I am a tele player so I'm always chasing my Fender 1952 with the Tadeo Gomez neck. Regardless, I'll take some pics of what I'm currently playing looks like I have 9 out in my space. Also I sell on Reverb.com I have a ton of stuff I'm getting ready to put up. Thanks for the kind welcome.

Back