ERROR 502 - BAD GATEWAY

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
ERROR 502 - BAD GATEWAY
Why am I seeing this page?
The server that your request has reached is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request made by your client.

Web Browser => Web Front-End => Web Back-End

This server (Web Front-End) received an invalid response from an upstream (Web Back-End) server it accessed to fulfil the request.

In most cases this will not mean that the upstream server is down, but rather that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data.

This problem is most commonly caused when there is a problem with IP communications between the Web Front and Back-Ends. Before you attempt to resolve this problem you should clear your browser cache completely.

Our support staff will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue. Please contact our Live Support or reply to any Tickets you may have received from our technicians for further assistance.

------

Kept getting this at home all weekend and figured it was my computer/connection. Got it at work this morning. :shrug:

Not you.
Not the server.

The Internet.

We could pin it on the hosting company, but even that MIGHT be a bit off the mark. It could be them. It could be just upstream of them.

I've been getting that page for a few weeks occasionally. I just refresh and it fixes it.

Mark's website is actually a spoof for a Russian DDOS server. All your computer are now belong to us...

i'm getting 504's and 502's several times per day. and occasional database error codes.

just had one 30 minutes ago and one yesterday around noon.

they seem to be between 9-10, or 12-1 or 2-3 EST.

what's the deal??

Once my semester is over in a couple of weeks I'll spend some time looking into it. I get the feeling it has to do with our hosting more than anything else but I really don't know.

Once my semester is over in a couple of weeks I'll spend some time looking into it. I get the feeling it has to do with our hosting more than anything else but I really don't know.
that's kinda what @dodgechargerfan said a few weeks ago. might not be able to really do much about it :shrug:

but if the logs are presented to the host showing that these gateway issues are happening, maybe they'll get their act together better.

Yeah, a 502 means that the outward facing server and the box that your server is on aren't talking to each other. Maybe the outward facing server shouldn't have told your server that its rack rails made it look fat.

i'm going to post date and times of when i get the 502/504/server/data base errors, so that whomever looks into the problem has some way to track the when and what against the logs, etc. (all times will be in Eastern Time)
i'll just keep editing this post by adding the tracking info. anyone else having issues, please feel free to reply to/quote this post and add your info.

so: today, 12:10 to 12:21, and the errors were mostly 502's and one server down error.
and 2:21 to 304....504 ->ERR EMPTY RESPONSE ->502 ->ERR CONNECTION REFUSED

Last edited:
We may have fixed it.
ul5Khnv.gif

Back