Ernie Ball St. Vincent signature

Grant Gross

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I kind of like it.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articl...man-announces-new-st-vincent-signature-guitar

Aug15_LNU_EBMM_STV_WEB.jpg

i hate it!!! i didn't want to post on the MM website about it because they would crucify me, but dang... i hate it.

i want to burn it

Needs more pickguard.
Actually, they might want to just reshape the pickguard and put it where you may actually leave pick scratches. Because you know.......I'm not sure anyone leaves a pick mark up above the top strap button. Maybe Pete Townshend. Dunno.

The fail is strong with this one.

I have a wicked crush on Annie Clark, but that thing just ain't my bag. She's been playing an Albert Lee HH for a few years now and that guitar is killer. This is trying to hard and unnecessary. Even this one, and I have not use for glittery/sparkly finishes, is infinitely more appealing:

hhalbert_04.jpg

Still love St. Vincent, but this is definitely one of the biggest (if not the biggest) artist model fail I've ever seen.

Reactions: Tig
An Annie Clark model? For starters, while I like Ernie Ball Strings (their Cobalt line of strings, is one of the very few lines of electric guitar strings I can use, that doesn't cause my dermatitis to flare up), I don't care for their guitars - especially this one. Also, while I cheer for any woman guitarist (considering that we seem to be pretty rare, the more woman players of note, the merrier IMO), I'm kind of on again, off again about Anne Clark's playing (F.Y.I. - the phenonmenal jazz guitarist Tuck Andress, is her uncle) - I just don't get into her style of playing. So, I'll pass on this guitar.

Back