Epiphone Johnny. A sig

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
May17_LNU_Epiphone_LtdEdJohnnyA_WEB.jpg

N_050117A3.jpg

N_050117A2.jpg

Pups are Gibson 57 classics. I love the look, but my gas passed when I saw it has a 25.5" scale. I can’t find a price, but it has to be cheaper than the $6,300 Gibson custom shop version.

I respectfully disagree with DFB. The world needs moar Bigsby guitars. If only it wasn't gold hardware, I would seriously consider it. I really like the Johnny A.

True story...
About 5-6 years ago a local bass player named Jesse Bastos played with JA. Not sure if he did the whole tour or just a few shows. Anyway, a bunch of us went to see the show. A few times between songs I yelled out "JESSE!!!"
JA got pissed and I don't remember his exact words but complained that it was HIS show and I was rude for calling out someone else's name.
Fucking diva.

I’ve never even heard of Johnny A. aside from Epiphone’s PR for his sig model. I just posted this because I thought the guitar looks cool.

True story...
About 5-6 years ago a local bass player named Jesse Bastos played with JA. Not sure if he did the whole tour or just a few shows. Anyway, a bunch of us went to see the show. A few times between songs I yelled out "JESSE!!!"
JA got pissed and I don't remember his exact words but complained that it was HIS show and I was rude for calling out someone else's name.
Fucking diva.

Fuck that noise.

I would not have been able to stop myself from being a dick...

"Play 'Cuts Like Knife'!" "Summer of '69!"

As to guitar, I'd rather have a 339 if I going for a compact semi-hollow. For a florentine double cut, I'd rather drop my cash on a Rev...although I don't think it's as compact:

58792a89c64f8388713bb48c_mrhb_TQFM_main.png

Ok, I read Johnny A.’s Wikipedia entry and I still don’t know who he is. Is he one of those famous-in-the-industry session players?

Fuck that noise.

I would not have been able to stop myself from being a dick...

"Play 'Cuts Like Knife'!" "Summer of '69!"

As to guitar, I'd rather have a 339 if I going for a compact semi-hollow. For a florentine double cut, I'd rather drop my cash on a Rev...although I don't think it's as compact:

58792a89c64f8388713bb48c_mrhb_TQFM_main.png
Those are kind of cool (as is the Johnny A - a local shop had one for a couple of months). I could see having one.

Sad news. My geetar monger cannot get me one. Well...they could IF they buy $52,000 worth of other Epiphone instruments. That's apparently the trigger to get on the Artist Custom Outfit list.

Sad news. My geetar monger cannot get me one. Well...they could IF they buy $52,000 worth of other Epiphone instruments. That's apparently the trigger to get on the Artist Custom Outfit list.

Only $52,000? That’s less than I would have expected. I remember reading posts a few years back complaining that Gibson/Epiphone wanted a minimum order of $80,000.

Back