Elixer nanoweb or poly web strings?

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I hate these things but I want to carry some in the store since people like them. What is the difference and which would be better to stock? Until I'm up and running I'm not going to have a zillion varieties of strings but I want to hit the high points.

I think Polyweb is a thicker coating.

It may not be the most popular choice but, for what I want out of Elixirs, I prefer Polyweb. Yes, they feel different but they kill finger squeak big time.

Nano is the talk of the acoustic troubadours who have that delicate fingerstyle technique and polywebs are for the acoustic ninja strummers.

Reactions: Tig
I like them on acoustic but I can't remember which ones I used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used nanos on my acoustics for a while. Those are the ones in the purple pack aren't they? They were alright.

Nano's here. I Can't stand dead sounding strings on an electric. The poly's seemed to kill the highs like the dr's I tryed.

If I have too many highs I use my tone knob.

I haven't tried the Polywebs, but I use the Nanos on my acoustic. They feel a little slimy, but you get used to it and they last a lot longer.

I got a great deal on a set of nanowebs several months ago and threw them on my acoustic....not terrible. They do sound consistently decent for a good long time. Good choice for a guitar that doesn't get played all the time or if you have acid sweat.

I use the Nanowebs on my Tacoma acoustic. I like the sound of them. I know lots of people hate the coated strings. Never tried the Polyweb, and I don't know the difference between the two.

My go-to string is the D'Addario EJ16. I don't use coated or other gimmicky offerings. I change strings every 2-3 weeks, dependent on the soundboard material.

Back