Eleven Guitars Carboncaster ser#007

Meh. I bet it is neck heavy as hell. Also, the NECK is probably the part that would most benefit from composites, not the body. I like 'advanced' materials in guitars, but in a more sensible way that takes advantage of the weather resistance, temperature fluctuation tuning issues, etc.

Meh. I bet it is neck heavy as hell. Also, the NECK is probably the part that would most benefit from composites, not the body. I like 'advanced' materials in guitars, but in a more sensible way that takes advantage of the weather resistance, temperature fluctuation tuning issues, etc.
This. Carbon fiber body and a maple neck? What the fuck?

I'm wondering if through the magic of 3D printing CF guitars are going to get very cheap to build? Right now, apparently the material is a bitch to work with.

They might significantly decrease labor costs, but they’ll have to get much bigger and faster to make up for the cost of the machine. And not having to work with epoxy negates the safety issues that discourage people from working with carbon fiber. But carbon fiber is made from petroleum, so the price of material will remain high and volatile for a few decades, and that’s likely to limit its use to boutique guitars.

At $6K, I expect it to come with titanium strings, unbreakable and always in tune.

Back