Eleven Guitars Carboncaster ser#007

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/eleven-guitars-carboncaster-ser007/

Eleven-Guitar-Rosewood-1.jpg

Eleven Guitars fulfills a longtime dream..to build Carbon Fiber guitars that look & play like vintage instruments but takes advantage of modern materials. Although not the first to use carbon fiber as a guitar component, no one else has tried to take proven designs and apply the advantages of this material to the formula. It doesn’t make any sense to abandon what is known and start from scratch. Their long term goal is to develop carbon versions that are reminiscent of other classic electric guitar models.

All of Eleven guitars are built using craftsmen made parts. Their partners are every bit as fanatical about their contribution to each guitar as Eleven is. The bodies are made in North Carolina along side race car parts and high tech military components. Hand wound pick-ups by Arcane Inc are serialized to match each guitar. Hardware comes from Dale Clark at Glendale in Texas. Necks, made to Eleven’s specifications, come from Guitar Mill in Tennessee. RS Guitarworks of Winchester, Kentucky, supplies the electronics. Even the anodized aluminum pickguards are made by a small company, Anotone, in Chicago. All of the assembly, set up, and nitrocellulose finish is done by hand. Once completed, each Carboncaster is delivered in an deluxe G&G guitar case.

Eleven Guitars exists to build the best guitars you can buy. They offer an unconditional guarantee on every guitar. If something goes wrong, they’ll fix it, replace it, or take it back. Period.

Eleven-Carboncaster-007-Guitar-935.jpg

• Model: Carboncaster
  • Body: Lightweight Resonant Carbon Fiber
  • Neck: Maple
  • Neck Finish: Ultrathin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Neck Shape: V
  • Nut: Bone
  • Pickups: Custom Wound Arcane Inc w/ Tapped Bridge
  • Electronics: RS Guitarworks
  • Hardware: Glendale
  • Tuners: Full Contact Staggered Vintage
  • Pickguard: Aluminum Pickguard by Anotone
  • Case: Deluxe G&G Hardshell
$6499.00

This is a completely unnecessary guitar.

...That I like.
I like carbon fiber. I cannot lie.

I'm very interested in what CF can do for acoustics, and other designs that are inherently fragile. Not sure I see the point of a CF Tele-style, when that's probably the world's toughest guitar already.

Reactions: Tig
Love it.

Although if you're using non-traditional materials, why not go with a non-traditional design?

Reactions: Tig
Love it.

Although if you're using non-traditional materials, why not go with a non-traditional design?

I asked myself the same thing. Traditional designs evolved out of function, availability of raw materials, ease of manufacture, etc. it seems logical to me to use any material's strengths and weaknesses in considering design.
A carbon fiber bicycle wheel looks nothing like a spoke wheel except they're both round...

But I still like this guitar. Too bad carbon fiber is so expensive.

Love it.

Because guitar people are a shape-centric bunch. With something like carbon fiber and the strength is has, you could pretty much create anything.

We've seen the XOX.
the-handle-guitar-1.jpg
the-handle-guitar-3.jpg

the-handle-guitar-2.jpg

Something interesting but not innovative in shape:
IMAG0459_zpsf1baead3.jpg

Until it is put together...
IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

Makes no sense if CF is going to be so cost-prohibitive. Again, make it under 2K and we'll talk.

I'm wondering if through the magic of 3D printing CF guitars are going to get very cheap to build? Right now, apparently the material is a bitch to work with.

Back