Electro-Harmonix brings the whale sound tone poems!

Can't say any of them are tempting enough to sacrifice a space on the board for, as they'd get used for about one tune.
Which is why I haven't used my wah on a gig for over 5 years. :grin:

FWIW, I kinda want the Blurst. I don't want to pay $140 for one, but I'd pick one up used.

Can't say any of them are tempting enough to sacrifice a space on the board for, as they'd get used for about one tune.

They’re probably selling tons of these to studios. “You just can’t find the right tone? Why don’t you try out my pedal collection. No extra charge, just keep paying for studio time.” Not to mention session players and people who do commercial music at home and don’t have space for synths.

It's like the organ and synth pedals EHX have. While it would be awesome to have a pedal that duplicates a Hammond B3 and one that duplicates at mellotron, I can't really conceive of these being terrible useful enough to actually spring for one. On a similar urge, I got one of the TC Helicon vocal harmony pedals, and it has sat in it's box for several years...

I just ordered one, along with an expression pedal. I'll most likely use it most as a normal funk type bass filter for a couple of tunes.
But if I ever get in a space jam, I can make epic whale calls with my bow. Should be a fun toy.

Back