Eggs healthy?

I personally don't like the idea of eating dead animals. I did for 40 years, but was never comfortable with it. I finally made the change in 1990. My wife eats meat, and that's fine, I just prefer not to.

After my recent health scare, my sense of humor about food is pretty scare, I must admit.

Understood...Sorry for making fun, but not really. If we can't make fun of ourselves and others, then what's the sense of making fun..

FTR 'dead animals ', made me lol...

I have 24 hens laying eggs daily in my side yard, and those eggs are delicious. I eat two eggs a day, every day.

I like 'em over easy. Scrambled, omelette, poached, boiled, hard boiled, all good and good for you.

I find them to be a pain the ass and never was a big fan to begin with, so I haven't cooked an egg in probably 10 years.

Eggs are one of the most important ingredients in almost any cuisine. They are vital for baking, many sauces, coatings, and a legion of other dishes. By themselves they can be as simple as a sunny side up or as impressive as a ratatouille frittata. Eggs are one of the queens of the kitchen.

even food has become a political agenda. eggs were the worst thing you could eat in the late 60's.....then they weren't ......then they were.....then the weren't

here's a fucking clue......life leads to death....get the fuck over it.

general medical consensus and the AHA's position on dietary cholesterol (the main "issue" with eggs) has shifted over the past several decades. Back when I was a teenager, cholesterol was evil and deadly and to be avoided at all cost. The general current consensus is that eating cholesterol doesn't really raise serum cholesterol all that much, and generally isn't all that bad for you.

My wife has gone through the same thing in the last several years. really sucks, because we both really like eggs and various egg dishes.

This. Dietary cholesterol as it relates to disease is not an issue for most people. Genetics seems to be a much larger factor.

I eat eggs all the time. Delicious stuff. I prefer mine in a Spanish style tortilla.

This. Dietary cholesterol as it relates to disease is not an issue for most people. Genetics seems to be a much larger factor.

I eat eggs all the time. Delicious stuff. I prefer mine in a Spanish style tortilla.
I vaguely remember reading something several years ago that said something like:
It's never been proven that the cholesterol in eggs actually raises the level of serum cholesterol in the human bloodstream.
Something like that anyway....

Damn, now I'm going in to beat two eggs with a shot of half & half & a little black pepper & scramble them in real butter! Protein power!

So I had an appt with my doc yesterday. Short story is that he wants me to keep eating whatever I've been eating, cause all my numbers are right where they should be for someone my age. I went out for brunch this morning with my now 22 yr old niece. Had eggs Benny on the menu. With warm lobster meat and bearnaise sauce instead of the usual hollandaise. And later this afternoon, we are going guitar shopping.

^^^ looking forward to you're NGD post... we are all counting on you. Don't let us down.

No new guitars today, Peanut (my niece) got a jingle from one of her clients, she told me that the client's pregnant horse was getting ready to have her foal. So she's off taking care of that. Peanut is a veterinary assistant, and her boss is super cool. I went out to GC like we planned anyway, but I didn't stay too long because of the crowd. You know how it is in a GC on a Saturday.

No new guitars today, Peanut (my niece) got a jingle from one of her clients, she told me that the client's pregnant horse was getting ready to have her foal. So she's off taking care of that. Peanut is a veterinary assistant, and her boss is super cool. I went out to GC like we planned anyway, but I didn't stay too long because of the crowd. You know how it is in a GC on a Saturday.
I might be one of the few, but I love going GC and I don't care if it's full. There is one down in Attleboro, MA that I hit up when visiting a buddy down in RI. I bought my MESA Express there when they were blowing 'em out.

Anyway, good luck guitar shopping.

Back