Eggs healthy?

I love eggs, but I can't eat them anymore.

Somewhere along the way, they started to upset my stomach.
If I eat them for breakfast now, I hurt until suppertime. Like physically painful stomach ache.

Wish I could eat them, though. I really do (did) enjoy them.
:(

I don't like eggs that much,I do a frittata about 2x a year. An Irish breakfast 3x a year.

general medical consensus and the AHA's position on dietary cholesterol (the main "issue" with eggs) has shifted over the past several decades. Back when I was a teenager, cholesterol was evil and deadly and to be avoided at all cost. The general current consensus is that eating cholesterol doesn't really raise serum cholesterol all that much, and generally isn't all that bad for you.

I love eggs, but I can't eat them anymore.

Somewhere along the way, they started to upset my stomach.
If I eat them for breakfast now, I hurt until suppertime. Like physically painful stomach ache.

Wish I could eat them, though. I really do (did) enjoy them.
My wife has gone through the same thing in the last several years. really sucks, because we both really like eggs and various egg dishes.

Absolutely.
If the rest of your diet is in line, eggs are great for you.

The cholesterol thing is kind of horse shit.
If you don't eat enough cholesterol, your body will produce it on its own.
The right kind of saturated fats are actually good for your heart. Eggs included.

Sam Monella? He used to be the finance guy in the next city south of here....
Great guy.

How's this sound for healthy?
The guy that started the Bacon Experiment needed to correct a lot of his blood results (because of issues before he did the Bacon thing not because OF the bacon thing).
So, he ate 4000 calories a day of eggs, cheese, and bacon.
His numbers improved significantly.

The problem with that video is that it talks about rules that are just wrong. A lot of studies have disproved the information that those rules are based on - especially the fat and cholesterol stuff.

general medical consensus and the AHA's position on dietary cholesterol (the main "issue" with eggs) has shifted over the past several decades. Back when I was a teenager, cholesterol was evil and deadly and to be avoided at all cost. The general current consensus is that eating cholesterol doesn't really raise serum cholesterol all that much, and generally isn't all that bad for you.

My wife has gone through the same thing in the last several years. really sucks, because we both really like eggs and various egg dishes.

Best hangover cure in the world is a 3 egg omelette with onions, green peppers, ham, bacon, cheese and crispy (burnt) corned beef hash in it. Side of hash browns and toast.

Trust me, I used to work at a breakfast joint during college and had to be there at like 5 am.

That might damn well kill me if I tried it now.

I have heard babies benefit from eggs. Brain development thing.

Still not a big fan.

And let's not forget..How can you make an omelet or a western sandwich without eggs??

And always remember...Water goes in an omelet and milk in scrambled..But a very tiny amount so things don't get runny which is one of the main reasons some people don't like scrambled......

Last edited:
Loves me some eggs. I eat 2-4 eggs at least 5 days a week and my cholesterol is beautiful. Shrimp is high in cholesterol too but nobody harps on that.

Dietary cholesterol is not a concern for the majority of the human race.

Those who get stomach upset from eggs likely have an egg allergy, just not one that is anaphylactic.

No eggs? Bullshit. When I was a kid, my auntie would send me to her neighbors house for a dozen. The folks who owned the farm had about 25 laying hens in their coop. Lemme tell you, the stuff we get today isn't even close in taste.

Back